So bad news

peligro

As I let others know, I had a big problem with my tank crashing..... Debated what the problem was. Don't worry john managed to save the coral you hooked me up with. Saved green torch, duncans, gsp, And clove polyps. I tested my water did 20% water changes everyday. Then Friday I'm taking the trash out and here cans clanging?. I look in and bam! I found why my tank died so fast. There were flea bombs and a giant container of indoor/outdoor ant flea killer. Appearantly my wife decided at some point to bomb our apt. And spray all the trim. Without filling me in. Which means tank did not get covered, and air powered skimmer was not shut off. So in short my tank was terminated. So I've decided to start over. I upgraded my pumps to mj1100 utility. I made my own media basket although its not really a media basket lol. u9yhu5ud.jpg

And I will be rearranging my rock work. Due to the issue of bombs, I discovered that my rock work was not very good. And allowed for a lot of dead spots, and allowed for detrius to accumulate in little cracks between my rock work.

? About the sand, in moving the rock work, should I be worried about what the sand will release?

HTC EVO

I am again sorry to hear this happened to you :(. You had a good start. I personally would get new rock and sand but I am the parinoid type (crazy) and would worrie about them leaching nasty thing out later. I'm sure some one with more knowlage on that will chime in.

When you are ready my offer still stands to get you some zoa's and shrooms (if you like them, some don't) to get you going again. Just let me know when you are ready :)

BTW nice job on the media basket. I have been debating buying one of the biocube but they seem expencive for a few pieces of acrylic glued together. I just might try to make my own.

Aww....thanks guys. I appreciate the support and am sure I will be taking ya up on the offer. Debrie- the media basket I made was easy. Because I have live rock for biofiltration. I decided that I would make just one shelf for my sponge to sit on, and the chemi pure can hang from it. That away the water has to go over it. The acrylic sheet was like 15 bucks, and the egg crate was like 4. All purchased at homedepot. I am debating on sticking a the rock in a bucket, and treating it that way. And getting new sand.

HTC EVO

Glad you were able to save the corals. Sorry to hear about the unintentional poisoning. I guess I'm lucky that with my fiance having parrots, we have to be extra careful about chemicals around the house. Now all we need is a greyhound to round out the chemically sensitive pets in our household! hehe. (I used to have a greyhound)

I'd clean your tank extra well and run it with maybe just some RO water and carbon for a while to be extra sure everything is out of all of the nooks and crannies.

At the rate my SPS are growing, I may be able to hook you up with a couple small frags of those, too. Hope the other ones survive long-term. Those were all pretty hearty corals.