QT Tank Questions

Toby Flenderson

My refrence to the cold as well was more on the point that befpre yoy even have a "cold" your actually sick with it prior. Its not an instant thing, it sits and waits to attack just like ich thats why i refrenced it.

Ive lost a handful of fish to ich not because of my freding habits because i fed them like kings, and from my assumption they were stress free but to a single blue hippo which affected my whole tank

WRONG. You lost your fish due to your own shortcomings. Had you maintained healthy and happy fish there is no reason for you to have lost a "handful" of them. I will concede that some strains of ick are possibly stronger than others causing the discrepancy in individuals experience however in your case the most logical explanation seems to be inexperience. I find it amusing that you argue what you have read against what others have experienced first hand, do you really think we haven't read the same articles???

Just to clarify I would have done the same thing as flenderson. I guess I got off topic when I started talking about ich.

And now it's led to what it has.

I still very much so disagree with some of the comments. Cause it's theory.

I mean you can say the same thing to Garrett's and my comments but there is a lot more success stories with ich involving a qt, going fallow, and hospitalizing the fish, then just watching and praying,

It's like if it was your dog would you just feed it heavier with garlic hoping his disease and illness goes away? Or treat it, that's my look on things and agin this is a forum so opinions are going to be different.

But at the same time I don't feel anyone is wrong as what do I know? I'm just a hobbyist I'm not a scientist.

Its alright to dissagree. Ich is a hot topic that there are no easy answers too. I just get a little frustrated when I see people being given a hard time for doing what they think is best in there situation. No hard feelings :)

WRONG. You lost your fish due to your own shortcomings. Had you maintained healthy and happy fish there is no reason for you to have lost a "handful" of them. I will concede that some strains of ick are possibly stronger than others causing the discrepancy in individuals experience however in your case the most logical explanation seems to be inexperience. I find it amusing that you argue what you have read against what others have experienced first hand' date=' do you really think we haven't read the same articles???[/quote']

I feel it's pathetic you continue to argue th fact he's wrong when your not right yourself.

I thought you stated facts? To me what I'm reading is as well all theories.

WRONG. You lost your fish due to your own shortcomings. Had you maintained healthy and happy fish there is no reason for you to have lost a "handful" of them. I will concede that some strains of ick are possibly stronger than others causing the discrepancy in individuals experience however in your case the most logical explanation seems to be inexperience. I find it amusing that you argue what you have read against what others have experienced first hand' date=' do you really think we haven't read the same articles???[/quote']

I feel it's pathetic you continue to argue th fact he's wrong when your not right yourself.

Did you kill a bunch of fish too???

My sig is a quote from MVP aquatics

WRONG. You lost your fish due to your own shortcomings. Had you maintained healthy and happy fish there is no reason for you to have lost a "handful" of them. I will concede that some strains of ick are possibly stronger than others causing the discrepancy in individuals experience however in your case the most logical explanation seems to be inexperience. I find it amusing that you argue what you have read against what others have experienced first hand' date=' do you really think we haven't read the same articles???[/QUote']

Okay first off that was my first reeef i ever took a stap at sexond of all they did bexause of ignorant ramvlings coming for hovvyists like you preaching the atupideat possible thing to do nothing, had i qtd the blue hippo my rank woiuld have been lovely every single food whoch i fees 4 difderent kinds is enhanced with garlic. And i also cured how many more fish i didnt mention *******. Sorry mely version of pet ownership involves making aure my peta dont have parasites. Ans guesa who learned from their mistake and second time around has a qt. Im done posting on this thread, go read some reefcentral threads on sick fish and learn a thing or two, could help you inderstand why it pisses me off. Go one living with ich bud.

You

He did the right thing' date=' thats a personal belief. Not much you really can do at that point cause ita too late. But yeah he did good. But no theres no ich in my systems at all. Yeah in theory it can be on rock and frags. But heres the catch 22 i got pieces from people who have ich and i dont, and this is the same across the board. Im just trying to help you understand what it is. If you believe its in EVERY system yhen your sadly mistaken. Im not attackong.him on what he did im attacking people like you who aupposrdly care so much about your fish but you choose an ignorant approach to their sicknesses and you preach it to others. Do your fiah have ich, then why are you telling people how to cure it...[/quote']

Hum I can't help but think this is aimed at me (whistle)

I didn't say "every" just that it is most likely a unwelcome hitch hikers that has come to "most". I have never said how to cure ICH. I do post articles from marine biologists on threads for others to read trying to be helpful. I have never had to go through ICH yet and I hope I never will but like most I do read about it to be as ready as I can be if it does happen.

Like most things in this hobby there are may different theory's out there and different experiences on what will work. Like I said before I just get frustrated when people get attacked for doing what they believe is the best in there situation. I hope James' fish do well and I think I read they did. So catastrophe averted. It is my opinion he did the right thing.

The whole point of forums like this one is to share knowledge, opinions and experience. There is no reason to get personal when you disagree with someone. That is how we all learn from each other

(flower)

James sorry this thread went this way.

Okay first off that was my first reeef i ever took a stap at sexond of all they did bexause of ignorant ramvlings coming for hovvyists like you preaching the atupideat possible thing to do nothing, had i qtd the blue hippo my rank woiuld have been lovely every single food whoch i fees 4 difderent kinds is enhanced with garlic. And i also cured how many more fish i didnt mention *******. Sorry mely version of pet ownership involves making aure my peta dont have parasites. Ans guesa who learned from their mistake and second time around has a qt. Im done posting on this thread, go read some reefcentral threads on sick fish and learn a thing or two, could help you inderstand why it pisses me off. Go one living with ich bud.

You

I think you would fit in perfectly on reef central. LOL. (laugh)

Did you kill a bunch of fish too???

My sig is a quote from MVP aquatics

I actually haven't lost anything yet.. No fish, corals, nothing..

And are you just really going to continue the argument along... This topic will never change and I'm sure James wouldn't like to read a bunch of ppl bickering about ich on his thread.

So I'm done with this topic. Best of luck with your methods.

Truthfully you would be surprised at how many big players on this forum do not fear Ick because they have healthy fish who can fight it off.

My tank is currently in hypo so don't think I'm trying to lump myself in with them LOL

^^^^ my tank is in hypo I said so in this thread. LOL

Anyone else notice that the forums have gotten a little out of control over the past few months from a couple of "very knowledgeable" additions to the forum? (scratch) Why don't you guys sit back and listen to others on here as well instead of always trying to argue against everyone. Your playing childish games and I can't believe you guys haven't been booted from the forums yet at this point. You comments are not appreciated by me at least and I know others that have PM'd me saying the same. I'm not worried about saying it in public. Join the forum and make contributions not enemies... (clap) You guys are arguing with Blake and this thread and I know he's been in the saltwater hobby for a long time. You would be wise to listen to even just a tad bit of his info.

Anyone else notice that the forums have gotten a little out of control over the past few months from a couple of "very knowledgeable" additions to the forum? (scratch) Why don't you guys sit back and listen to others on here as well instead of always trying to argue against everyone. Your playing childish games and I can't believe you guys haven't been booted from the forums yet at this point. You comments are not appreciated by me at least and I know others that have PM'd me saying the same. I'm not worried about saying it in public. Join the forum and make contributions not enemies... (clap) You guys are arguing with Blake and this thread and I know he's been in the saltwater hobby for a long time. You would be wise to listen to even just a tad bit of his info.

I have noticed it too. LOL. I know I should just ignore it but its getting old. :)

Yup that's my "softie" tank. If only my tank could look like yours. LOL. (Laugh)

B07DAED8-1B89-4B6A-8A8B-EECC963EC5F9-891-000000DF9C598D08_zps7aaecabb.jpg

Nice pic of my tank right there. :)

You see that open brain, I'm pretty proud of it.

Btw this is my FIRST reef. And I did just finish the cycle about two weeks prior to this picture.

And I apologize my frags haven't grown to colonies in 1 1/2 months

So again. You win.. Cause this isn't goin to end unless I give up on my opinions obviously.