Small algae eater for 30gal Frag tank

JHiestand

Hey everyone, I am currently setting up a 30b frag tank and was wondering what would be a good algae eater to add that doesn't need sand and wont outgrow the 30. I will have a few hermits and maybe a shrimp or two, but I want maybe 2-3 fish that will help with cleanup. So far the only other fish that will be in it is a sixline wrasse. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John.

If you have enough hair algae a lawn mower is great. The problem is sometimes they eat it SUPER FAST and die off after a month or two. I guess some people get them to eat algae strips, but mine never did. Or you could get the prettier Starry Blenny (usually 2-3 times the price of lawn mower).

+1 lawn mower is great. had mine for a while now reminds of a puppy, feeding time he comes out and sits there waging his tail, food time! great to watch, when ever I get near the tank he follows me back and forth... must think he's going to get fed, since I put him in no algea problems.. eats a mixed diet

I am hoping that I won't have a bunch of algae since it will be a frag tank. I was thinking something like a tang that I could have a nori clip for. Blenny sounds like it wont do too well without a good food source.

Unfortunatly no tang is sutable for a 30 gallon :( You need at least a 65 gallon. A blenny might be a good option or why not look in some inverts. Lots of good algea eaters in that group.

Unfortunatly no tang is sutable for a 30 gallon :( You need at least a 65 gallon. A blenny might be a good option or why not look in some inverts. Lots of good algea eaters in that group.

Yeah I know that about the tang, that's why I was looking for something smaller. Anything that goes in will have to be 100% coral safe.

Turbo Snail?

My fuzzy chitons are unbelievably thorough, but they're super slow. You'd need a handful.

Turbo snails work great but they knock everything over, I just recently removed them from my display after they played frag bowling. I'll look into the chitons, may already have them in my bowfront.