My biocube.

SteveHash-fish20

So my biocube officially cycled today, threw a maroon in there and soon going to transfer all my corals from Garrett's tank to mine.

y4u6uzu4.jpg

Aug 15th

gynytu3y.jpg

September 3rd

What's on it as of now.

Koralia nano powerhead

250w MH 20k radium bulb, Lumenmax 2 reflector

Galaxy ballast

25lbs of LR

InTank media basket

Mj1200

Time to grow some coral (whistle)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to MH as I got a real real good deal on them from my roommate my tank was cycled and I just don't have the money for LEDs I'm either going to throw some LED stunner strips on it or upgrade to LED after I get my MP10' date=' APEX lite and a skimmer[/quote']

I was surprised to see a MH on there since you've been talking so highly of the LED lights you've been searching for. Good idea to get the powerhead first. I'm still not sold on a skimmer on this size tank myself but to each their own. I just couldn't seem to find a happy balance. Are you going to drill it out and run a sump, or just use the back filtration? What are in the back chambers?

Yeah the MH will kill the bill. Just got an insane deal on them that I couldn't beat.

I am still going LED just a little later as the MH light has been sitting in my roommates closet.

And in the back chambers noob is just an inTank media basket with chemi pure and cotton.

As with the skimmer I have my eye on a HOB filter for $199 on marine depot I think it's aquaMAXX? Or I wa thinking the remora. I don't like the tunze as I put it on for about a week and decided to take it off too noisy.

FWIW the Remora IME is junk, well maybe not junk, just practicly worthless- I mean it does oxygenate the water otherwise I would call it worthless. After all those positive reviews I read I pulled the trigger and was pissed I ever did.

I have no idea how so many people rave over that skimmer, actualy I was very disaapointed in all the Aqua C skimmers I have owned

Im pretty sure I sold it for 40.00 as did another reefer on here sold his for the same I think. I dont have any suggestions as I got out of the nano in a few short months and that was 3 years ago. If I reall SWC has HOB skimmer-every SWC I have owned and still own are awesome.

GL

Nice set up. I like the all in ones.

Last pump I bought was a Tunze 6015, so much better than the koralia's. I hate the mounts Koralia uses, the Tunze stays where you put and point it. The other up side is when I went to a larger tank I was able to mod the shroud and double the flow.

Nice set up. I like the all in ones.

Last pump I bought was a Tunze 6015, so much better than the koralia's. I hate the mounts Koralia uses, the Tunze stays where you put and point it. The other up side is when I went to a larger tank I was able to mod the shroud and double the flow.

Yeah, the koralia is just in til I get my MP10,

We also plan on putting an acrylic cover over the top cause the fish he wants are jumpers' date=' so thatll probably help a little with evap[/quote']

I did an acrylic top on my nano and it added to the heat-Have ya"ll looked in to the nylon mesh DIY tops? I've done them on allmy builds and its kept all my fish in-I'll get at least one that freaks at least once a week and flys out and hits that top-Its in the top "best things" to add to any tank-

All fish jump, some are just known jumpers-

I did an acrylic top on my nano and it added to the heat-Have ya"ll looked in to the nylon mesh DIY tops? I've done them on allmy builds and its kept all my fish in-I'll get at least one that freaks at least once a week and flys out and hits that top-Its in the top "best things" to add to any tank-

All fish jump, some are just known jumpers-

I agree with Brad the acrylic top will make the tank really hot. The DIY mesh tops work well when you remember to keep them on the tank.