Timer

spectra

intermatic analog timers.

I have been using them for years without a single issue.

You can find them at HD, Lowes ect.

10-15 bucks

The digital ones are junk.

Don't know about the digital ones but mine are made by them and have been working good for me for some time. Well worth checking out I think.

Well thanks will have to check out the cheaper ones for sure. I looked at the Neptune Systems Aquacontroller JR and it sure was nice but the price :eek: It is only for the 29 so I do not need anything special.

intermatic Digital... Remember that fire I had in my house about 3 years ago, it was from an intermatic analog that decided it wanted to catch fire running a 32 watt bulb....

Actually I think I have a digital one I could give ya... I'm so glad you've been helping me clean out my closet!

The intermatic's are not worth it if your running MH. They can get really hot, even to the touch and can catch fire. SunlightSupply sells a 20amp model for a little more. Check with you local reef store.

http://www.sunlightsupply.com/product.cfm?sid=957B97B9E0815D5534AF3F241B34F49D&p=948&cs=products%2Ecfm%3Fsid%3D957B97B9E0815D5534AF3F241B34F49D%26c%3D52%26kys%3D%26pgi%3D1

With Timers, you kinda need to think about what they were designed to run. The Grasslin timer is heavyduty and can handle some heat, which is why it has the one HD type plug. The Coralife Timers are great little devices for running VHO, PC, and moonlights on the darkcycle timed plugs, but were never intended to run 400w MH or multiple MH and VHO. If you exceed the design limitations of a device, you run the risk of traumatic failure. The best Timers we have ever used are the ones in the metal box that are made to be hard-wired in line. They cost about $40, but will not fail you. R2R2

I have used the ones at Harbor freight. Have a grounded outlet on both sides. Run my 400wt ballasts and 400wt HQI dual also. Also my VHO 660 and fans etc. Paid $3.99 on sale and i think there only$5.99 other wise.