I did a bad thing

Kimberlee

Okay a week or so ago I thought it would be cute to give Ralph (my snowflake eel) some live feeder shrimp. Well it was, but now it's not. He refuses to eat anything frozen now. I know he's healthy.....he swims his tank in hunt mode and reacts interestedly when I approach the tank and even takes notice of the food I offer when I move it around like it's a live. I need help getting him to eat what's offered or coming up w/ a live diet that will meet his nutritional needs. Please keep in mind I hate giving him krill as it has been linked to lock jaw in predictors, but I will use it as a last resort. He loves the stuff.

I Had a snowflake eel and I started to feed it by hand. I thought it was so cool until all of a sudden it would spring out of the rocks and bite my hand every time I put it in there. Big mistake.DOH!

Ralph gets fed w/ TONGS!!! After holding on to the food one night longer than normal, he started to do a death roll. No missing fingers for me.

long rigded tube.. fish line fine wraped arround the food, as he bites pull line thur the tube (cutting thru food to release it. remove tube) years ago had one that was a pain in the butt. the only way to get him to go for frozen. After about 2 weeks no more prob.

long rigded tube.. fish line fine wraped arround the food' date=' as he bites pull line thur the tube (cutting thru food to release it. remove tube) years ago had one that was a pain in the butt. the only way to get him to go for frozen. After about 2 weeks no more prob.[/quote']

Wow that's creative. I took silversides and the tongs. Made them move like they were alive.

i dont have a lot of experience with eels but the little i have i notice that variety helps keeping them on the same feeding plan every time is usually asking for trouble ive found cause we all love our fish and and want to spoil them from time to time and then they do this haha well i think if hes getting different food each time that will help also for awhile i was breeding ghost shrimp in a 10gal tank its pretty easy buy floating fake plants and a few on the ground they breed like crazy its really awesome seeing their the eggs turning inside the mother really cool but just my two cents im really happy to hear that hes eating again

I try to give him all sorts of foods, shrimp, scallops, some flounder anything ocean and I thought about throwing some ghost shrimp in my sump (so yes he could have a treat once in a while), but Ralph has proven he is a bad toddler w/ ice cream and will have to live w/ the rare piece of frozen krill that he gets.