How Many Sol's

Toby Flenderson

I'm probably going to jump to Sols also. Was waiting for the new Vega to come out, but there are too many unknowns with the Vega. I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic fixture, but will it be worth the $100+ premium over the Sol? I'm looking to get probably 8 to cover a 6 ft tank, so that is a small chunk of change in additional funds over the Sol. Right now I have a 48L x 30w tank, so will most likely run 4 - 6. This Sunlight deal might make my decision easier.

The Vegas are coming in just a week or so too. In guessing that's why they are dropping the price of the sols

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes they are supposed to ship to distributors before the end of the month. I'm betting there are lots of people out there like me sitting on the fence trying to make a decision.

So im getting serious about these SOLs. If i get them i'm going to go with 4. Im a bit concerned about the color though. Can anyone comment about the control-ability of the blues? can i adjust the blue and white independently to get the color i want? i would be using the AI controller.

You can adjust the blue, royal blue, and white independently of each other.

Still a better price though than you can get anywhere else. The Saturday sidewalk thing is a great deal' date=' I was going to buy the sol myself but I went with the kessil a150w as I feel the lighting is better. Again don't get me wrong 4 AI SOLs would be pretty [language filter] epic[/quote']

This is true. If your going to buy a Sol then you won't find them cheaper.

now im on the fence again. this happens every time im about to choose an LED. Dont get me wrong I would like a good price for a setup but i want the best.

Did someone say best?

http://reefledlights.com/

(whistle)

http://reefledlights.com/led-kits/cree-xp-e-kits/24-xp-e-kit/

2 -18" 36 bulb builds will SMOKE any off the shelf unit-period, game over (naughty)

I personally am going to wait till the vega comes out. Im sure there will be some good deals in a few weeks if I want to go with the sol.

I was waiting for the Vega also, but it sounds like they won't be as powerful because of the spread. So for a deeper tank you will need just as many or more units than with the Sol. The price of the Sol has already dropped in preparation for the Vega release so I doubt it will drop much more. The Vega added reds, greens and UVs, but I don't see much difference from the Radion (except price). I also don't expect many people to dump their Sols for the Vega, because those people already dumped them for Radions.

There are supposed to be upgrades available for the Sol, but I'm not sure what they are. That may make the decision easier for those on the fence. If I can get the Sols for less and could upgrade a couple of units that may be the ticket. I have also considered adding T5s to supplement the color.