Kessil vs. ai nano ur opinion

SteveHash-fish20

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You actually can get the dimmable but price wise it's a little more spendy, and really the main reason is because of the fact I'd put it in the hood replacing the pc lights and I don't wanna do that as when I move I'm going to upgrade maybe even sooner. So its nothing against your lights. I just also like how easy it is to upgrade the reef breeders from 90-60. And it looks clean.

You actually can get the dimmable but price wise it's a little more spendy' date=' and really the main reason is because of the fact I'd put it in the hood replacing the pc lights and I don't wanna do that as when I move I'm going to upgrade maybe even sooner. So its nothing against your lights. I just also like how easy it is to upgrade the reef breeders from 90-60. And it looks clean.[/quote']

I'm not mad you just mentioned you have seen them and didn't like them. I've offered for you to come over and check them out in person a few times. It's your money just trying to be helpful. And my kit is dimable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You could pull them out of the hood after you were done with the biocube and reuse them in a new system, Also I am not sure I am sold on dimable leds. It is a cool effect to do sunrise sunset effects but I dont think it is needed to have happy healthy corals (Just my opinion not based on fact). I think that a kessil over a bio cube would look really good.One thing to consider is when you use a single spotlight on a system the light comes out in a cone shape down from the light so you will end up with some shadowing in the system. The brighter the light the more noticable this seems to be hence why I think people end up using multiple spot lights to over lap the coverage. Some times I do think that there is to much emphisis put into having high par it is possible to have to much par as well a good ballance some where in the middle is what I would shoot for. Dont forget to slowly aclimate your corals to the led lights so you dont bleach them out , layers of black window screen work really well for this just slowly remove them over time.

Wow that's actually a lot simpler then getting a dimmer led fixture. Never thought of that. And I saw a video last night about the kessil and there spot lighting. Kinda made me think about how it could benefit the tank, such as coral that don't rely on light but more target feeding. And coral that require light. Or the whole minimum, moderate, medium, and high lighting aspect of coral.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm gonna buy a kessil still and throw it on my 10g just on reef central there was a thread and after 6 months the PAR was horrible. 70 on the sandbed....

I would have to say even if that were trueabout the par drop off after six months I would think that most of your lps and softies like zoas and pallies wwhich are what most people keep on the sand bed would be fine. Unless you intend to grow sps in the sand rofl