Looking for some rock

reefnoob

Hello folks,

Got my stand refinished and 85 gal tank is up and filled with RO water. Kind of waiting on a little professional help to get the salt in and work out the last few hardware issues. Even so, I will be ready for some rock (100 - 200 lbs or so) and maybe 20-30 lbs of sand. If any of you have these items for sale or feel comfortable doing a little paid consulting in the Vancouver, WA area, feel free to send me PM or give me a call @ 360-576-4062.

Appreciate your time!

Scott(scratch)

Welcome to the site, and the club.

I hope you are interested in coming to the meeting that we are having in the Portland area on Sunday May 20 (I think).

Anyone here will be glad to answer your questions. Most of us will chime in with no expectation of getting paid. Post lots of pictures and tell us what you are thinking. Someone should have some experience and can help. For rock, look through the classified section of this forum. Some is for sale at $2.50 or $3 per lb. I know WAVES has sand for $1/lb, and a special on LR for $4.50 per lb. I don't know the price at the other stores.

You could always try making your own rock. There are quite a few people here that have done this, and could give you some hints. I think buying some concrete is cheaper than getting LR.

The typical amount of sand is one pound per gallon. But use what you think looks good. I think that only 20-30 lbs of sand would look a little thin.

Like I said, post a lot of pictures. If you don't know how, just ask and someone will give you instructions. :)

dsoz :) From Oregon City

Yes that little of sand in that big of tank would look funny. My 29 I just started for my son has 45lbs in it and it is almost 3 inchs thick in most places. Good luck and post some pics of your set up for us. And also welmoe to the site.