I know we have some hand gun people on here =)

Jeramy

Getting a group of PNWMAS people togather to do some target shooting sounds like a good Idea to me the only trouble would be finding a suitable location thats not to far away for every one to make it.

Yes, it is difficult enough just to find a place to shoot, let alone one that can accommodate a group.

I would half to say my favorite is my Kimber 1911 45 but I do really like my newest toy the Taurus Judge. I could shoot my Kimber all day if I wanted I love this pistol its accurate with low recoil. Everyone that has shot my Kimber likes it a lot they all say the recoil is not bad at all. In fact this is my wife's favorite gun of ours to shoot. For concealed carry I can't wait for the new Springfield XDS .40. They have a .45 out right now but I want it in the .40.

Getting a group of PNWMAS people togather to do some target shooting sounds like a good Idea to me the only trouble would be finding a suitable location thats not to far away for every one to make it.

Yes' date=' it is difficult enough just to find a place to shoot, let alone one that can accommodate a group.[/quote']

I know of a place that we could go. But its near Cascade Locks if you guys would be up for going that way.

So I'm not much of a gun guy but if anyone is interested in some antique guns let me know. I know someone who is trying to get rid of their collection of antiques and a modern 380. I thought about posting them up but wasn't sure is there world be interest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes' date=' it is difficult enough just to find a place to shoot, let alone one that can accommodate a group.[/quote']

few weeks ago i was up 224 on the clackamas river doing some fishing and found myself on forest road 45 going to memaloose lake and theres a pull out halfway up with at least a few groups of shooters, close to 60 people when i drove by i know of a few of 26 by timber for smaller groups also if enough people have interest

I really like the Glock 9 gen 4. For you smaller gals it is really nice and easy. EVERY female that has used it now wants it! A few of the guys have switch from thier Springfield as well. If you are really unsure find the side arm that feels great in your hand, go to Clackamas safety range and rent it, shoot your heart out. Only experiance and YOUR comfort level matters. Any recommendations are just that.

Beckie

Glock is by far the most reliable semi-auto pistol out there, Hench why all types of law-enforcement use it. For carrying purpose I believe the best gun would be a 38 or 357 revolver. Lets not forget you want it to be small comfortable and easily concealed.

For Ruger here is a really nice concealed handgun http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Here is a nice Glock for concealment, the price is right too:)

http://www.usglock.com/index_files/glock33.htm

I went shooting this weekend at my dads farm, with a few friends one of whom is a certified NRA instructor. We worked on gun saftey as well as proper stance and shooting techniques. I shot about a hundred rounds through my new gun as well as got to use several other hand guns as well. We were using 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper with a little squirle printed in the middle and standing at 50 feet. I was able to put all 15 rounds into the taget by the end of the day not all hit the squirle but it was a pretty small taget. At that distance the sights on my gun seemed almost as big as the paper =) Plan to do alot more shooting in the weeks and months to come. I still dont know if I can bring myself to pay the crazzy amount of money they want at tri county but am trying to find a decently priced place to shoot in the coming winter months. Shooting on the farm in sunny 80 degree weather is great fun shooting on the farm 50 degrees and raining not so much =)

Glock is by far the most reliable semi-auto pistol out there, Hench why all types of law-enforcement use it. For carrying purpose I believe the best gun would be a 38 or 357 revolver. Lets not forget you want it to be small comfortable and easily concealed.

For Ruger here is a really nice concealed handgun http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Here is a nice Glock for concealment, the price is right too:)

http://www.usglock.com/index_files/glock33.htm

I was actually eyeballing this gun as a potential concealed cary gun but its a little out of my price range

I was actually eyeballing this gun as a potential concealed cary gun but its a little out of my price range

Ya i agree, thats why i also linked a compact glock which has a price tag around $400. 9mm is great for shooting/price of ammo, but not the greatest stopping power. Just make sure you shoot FMJ "cheaper" and then get hollow points for when your carrying. Im lucky the state pays for me to shoot guns(rock2)

Reminder: Always wash your hands and face after shooting or having a smoke, LEAD is poisonous.

• 2 months later...

I know there's nothing like raising a thread from the dead but....I got a gun today. It used to belong to my Dad. Just after he passed away (12 years ago) I sold it to my boss, well long story short, yesterday my boss comes up to & said he would like to give my Dad's gun to as a gift so I'd have a keepsake. I said SURE! It's a 38 cal. If I remember correctly it's about a WW2 era gun? that was an English Smith & Wesson? The markings on it are a Crown with the letters BNP under the crown & 38 .767" 3/12 tons. It is stamped "England" on one side. Each cylinder is stamped with the BNP & crown. Here's a couple of pics. I'm guessing it's been close to 40 years since it's been shot. Just curios if anyone knows anything about these guns? Mike

DSCF2614sm.jpg

DSCF2615sm.jpg