Time to take the salty swim

jdev

Hello! I have been keeping fresh aquariums for a while here in Salem and have decided to take the plunge into salt now that I own a home. I'm going to be keeping a 40B mixed reef with a 20L sump, unless I find a good deal on something better on craigslist. Anyways, just wanted to say hi before I start pestering you all with the noob questions I am sure to need answers to.

Wow you upgraded faster then I did (laugh)

Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you come up with. There is a great group of people on this forum and I know I couldn't have been a successful as I have been without them.

And of course (welcome) (To) (P) (N) (W) (M) (A) (S)

Wow you upgraded faster then I did (laugh)

Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you come up with. There is a great group of people on this forum and I know I couldn't have been a successful as I have been without them.

And of course (welcome) (To) (P) (N) (W) (M) (A) (S)

It has been a strange journey getting here. I started a couple months ago with a 12 gallon JBJ nano cube I was going to set up. Then about 3 weeks ago o was looking at Craigslist and found a lady that wanted to trade a 55 gallon for a nano cube, so I did. Then I decided I didn't like the footprint of the 55 and wanted a sump bigger than 10 gallons, so I bought a 40B and a 20 L for the sump. I've still kept looking at used stuff to try and save some $$ on the setup, and when I saw burningbaal's set up, I couldn't say no. So the 40B and 20L will go back to Petco. Still deciding what to do with the 55.

It has been a strange journey getting here. I started a couple months ago with a 12 gallon JBJ nano cube I was going to set up. Then about 3 weeks ago o was looking at Craigslist and found a lady that wanted to trade a 55 gallon for a nano cube' date=' so I did. Then I decided I didn't like the footprint of the 55 and wanted a sump bigger than 10 gallons, so I bought a 40B and a 20 L for the sump. I've still kept looking at used stuff to try and save some $$ on the setup, and when I saw burningbaal's set up, I couldn't say no. So the 40B and 20L will go back to Petco. Still deciding what to do with the 55.[/quote']

It sounds like you have had an adventure already :)

I have my old 55 tank and use it to mix saltwater. It works well for that but I agree with the foot print issues. 12" is just not deep enough for a good aquascape.

Wouldnt mind getting some nice liverock to seed my dead rock from ya Burningbaal. But im still a few weeks out on my build, maybe less. Skimmer from BRS should come today:D then i can finally feel comfortable building my sump.