Windows 8 Sucks!

Algae

Wanted to do a PC build and loaded Win8 Beta as a fresh install into an extra HD cause it's free!

First impressions: Comes up with a touchscreen type interface to integrate all users DOH!. No start to apps? Loaded with MS bloatware. Hard to find all apps quickly. No easy way to control panel. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how to shut down (did a hot shutdown and it turned into a reg shutdown (laugh). I think they will make it better and I didn't really explore that much but they did dumb it down a lot! If you use XP, Vista or 7 I am pretty much sure you will say "[language filter]". I am sure there will be workarounds?

The Good: Loaded IE fast. But I don't like IE that much. Found most of my drivers. IT'S FREE (for now). Promises fast SSD and Bulldozer support. Oh yeah... it's FREE for now.

You need to go with the "every other" Windows theory. My computer programmer sister explained the logic behind it, but im not that big of a geek. XP rocked, vista blew and windows 7 is amazing. I have yet to hear anyone that has liked the beta of windows 8. I will skip 8 for sure.

You need to go with the "every other" Windows theory. My computer programmer sister explained the logic behind it, but im not that big of a geek. XP rocked, vista blew and windows 7 is amazing. I have yet to hear anyone that has liked the beta of windows 8. I will

skip 8 for sure.

This is exactly right, do not trade your 7 for 8, wait for the next one.

Windows ME' date=' anyone? DOH![/quote']

How 'bout Windows 3.1? (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Windows is a joke. If it were any other product on the market, you all would have bailed on it years ago. Microsoft should have been run out of business at least 20 years ago. IMHO, of course.

I really want SATA 6Gps so I need to change my motherboard. When I change I void my OEM Windows 7 since I will not replace it with a Dell motherboard. I have 4 computers with XP OEM, Vista 64 OEM, 7 Pro (OEM), and 8 Beta. If I want an OS on my Asus 6 Mbs mother board I am stuck with getting into the OEM hell. I either need to go to another 7 OEM for about $80 or retail 7 for $170. If I go OEM I am stuck with Asus motherboards forever. Although I like Asus they have been too focused on other things to make a more reliable MB. So in 2-3 years they may be the Edsel of MB's. (In all fairness the fail rate of MB's is outrageous across all brands. Go to NewEgg and have a laugh)

There is an upgrade from XP and on to Win 8 coming out for $40 until the official release in Jan., but unless they change the interface I'm out.

I really want SATA 6Gps so I need to change my motherboard. When I change I void my OEM Windows 7 since I will not replace it with a Dell motherboard. I have 4 computers with XP OEM, Vista 64 OEM, 7 Pro (OEM), and 8 Beta. If I want an OS on my Asus 6 Mbs mother board I am stuck with getting into the OEM hell. I either need to go to another 7 OEM for about $80 or retail 7 for $170. If I go OEM I am stuck with Asus motherboards forever. Although I like Asus they have been too focused on other things to make a more reliable MB. So in 2-3 years they may be the Edsel of MB's. (In all fairness the fail rate of MB's is outrageous across all brands. Go to NewEgg and have a laugh)

There is an upgrade from XP and on to Win 8 coming out for $40 until the official release in Jan., but unless they change the interface I'm out.

I only use oem disks.. and you can install them on any computer you want. It will activate every time. I've used mine to install on maanny friends/family's. Now if you are saying you bought the computer store bought and have no actual disk then yeah you need one.. witch you can use mine any time you want.

Parts came in yesterday and I'm pretty happy! Been using Ubuntu and could almost switch.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

nfdd5.jpg

MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX

CPU: 8120 8 core Bulldozer 3.1 OC to 4150, Noctua NH14D cooler

RAM: 2 X 4 Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 1866 @ 9-9-9-27 1.5V 1866

GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozn OC FULL past 7870 specs.

SSD: 256 Samsung 830 (500 read 450 write)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB

PS: Cooler Master 700W (may change to Corsair HX1050)

CASE: Cooler Master Storm Scout w/ 4 case fans