Black light $5

Air pump $6 http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19175

Air stone $9

Valve $4

Shot glass $1

CRITTERS:

Snail & hermit $5

Heater used was purchased for $10?

I went back and looked at how much I tried to sell my 2.5 for; here is the link:http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?29286-2-5-pico

Running total: 116.75

I have a 2.5 pico setup in storage. I am considering using that setup for this comp. I was thinking I would have a supper deep sand bed with a ton of rock so that I can fill it from a milk jug.

Here is a link to the old tank: http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?20647-PICO-MADNESS

I was looking back on that thread and it is a good read for those of you in the comp.

Here is a teaser pic. :)

DSC_4280.jpg

I picked one of these up today and got my equipment out of storage. 9d7adfbc.jpg

It looks really small under my light though :( I asked them about building me a custom tank, they wanted 60 bucks. Has anyone had custom stuff built by them before???

It's 7 " by 5" and 5" high. No idea how many gallons, I was going to fill it from a milk jug to be sure :)

Still not sure if I'm going to use it, I really want to do a 8" by 10" by 3" high. It would be a Femto frag tank LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I did a wet test!!! :). I had to drill the lid so that I could get in cords :) the light looks ridiculouse (that's why I wanted to make a frag tank LOL). Anyways I'm not sure I may go a different route on the light, maybe just a simple LED?

I have decided to move away from coral and go specifically for fish. My thought is that I can grow macro as a stabalizer and then from their I'm thinking something crazy like a blue ring (I would do this in a heart beat but with kids in the house it is only a fantasy IE there is no way I would do it). I still have a lot of crazy left though, I'm thinking frog fish or shark egg. That's right I said shark egg!!! I had great difficulty keeping my 2.5 temp stable so I may abandon this idea but I really think I could make it happen if I could find a way to keep the temp down.

Anyways enough crazy talk here are the pics. (sorry about the quality, they are iPhone pics; I will get some SLR shots when the comp starts)

75ddd857.jpg

bae68c28.jpg

ee41916e.jpg

7d7e3592.jpg

What is the powerhead you have in that thing?

I found it at a reptile

Store, it's a 72 GPH Micro-Jet made by Aquarium Systems. It says it was made in Italy so have a feeling it was pretty old, but still unused, when I got it.

I left the light on all night with the lid closed and the tank was cooking this morrning. I decided its deffiniytly not going to work, so I went out in search of LEDs. I am actually really happy with what I ended up with.

40267216.jpg

d60534e8.jpg

7d110338.jpg

I like the light. Looks very classy.

What made you choose that bulb. I am so confused on which lights will and will not work for keeping a reef alive (nutty)

I recognized it as a baby PAR 38 on home depots web site. It doesnt have enough blue but it's not too yellow either. It's eight watts and it is crazy brite!!! I am now wondering if I can grow acros and a clam (I am pretty sure I can). You can have one of your own for 21.97 (that's with out the lamp)

I was way to excited and ended up setting up my Femto around 2:00 am. LOL. I had picked the rock in my main tank that

I was going to use a while ago, so all I had to do was grab it and some sand. To my surprise I found a nem in my tank this morrning!!! I'm hoping he will crawl onto the glass today so I can use the credit card trick. Not a very good start but at least it looks happy. LOL. 52b7651f.jpg

Thats crazy, did you know the nem was in your main tank?

Are you going to bury the air stones? On my fresh tanks I always hid them in the gravel but I'm not sure if thats good in a saltwater tank.

Looking good so far :)

Thats crazy, did you know the nem was in your main tank?

Are you going to bury the air stones? On my fresh tanks I always hid them in the gravel but I'm not sure if thats good in a saltwater tank.

Looking good so far :)

I new the nem was in the big tank, he is actually not looking so good lately.:( I went out and bought a different air stone today, as you could see the little ones were a tad too visible LOL.

• 2 weeks later...