ORA Dragonets

Jeramy

I saw on there website that they have tank raised mandarins and even a video of juvi mandarins swarming over some frozen food. My question is where do I get one at? Are there any dealers in the state that can get one of these or do you have to be a member of a super secret club to get in? If so how do I get initiated =)

We usually stock the Spotted but ORA is currently not shipping the Blues. They are out of stock. We have found that the Blues eat the frozen much better than the Spotted. Almost every time we get a batch of Spotted they refuse to eat frozen for 6-8 weeks. We then hear that when purchased, they refuse to eat again. Finicky fish!

I have had a success rate of around 90% with spotted and 70% with green mandarins on getting them eating frozen within the first week or so. The biggest trick for me has been selecting a food choice that closely mimics their natural prey as much as possible. I usually start by introducing them to cyclopeeze either the first or second day they are in. I continue this for a couple of days adding brine and spirulina enriched brine to the mix. Slowly I add PE mysis to the mix though I find that usually only the larger ones can successfully down PE so sometimes I switch to adding a smaller mysid to the mix. Reef Plankton by San Francisco Bay aslo has triggered feeding responses. I use their frozen Rotifers and well as Reef Nutritions Rotifers, Arctipods, and Tigger Pods as needed.

I have had a success rate of around 90% with spotted and 70% with green mandarins on getting them eating frozen within the first week or so. The biggest trick for me has been selecting a food choice that closely mimics their natural prey as much as possible. I usually start by introducing them to cyclopeeze either the first or second day they are in. I continue this for a couple of days adding brine and spirulina enriched brine to the mix. Slowly I add PE mysis to the mix though I find that usually only the larger ones can successfully down PE so sometimes I switch to adding a smaller mysid to the mix. Reef Plankton by San Francisco Bay aslo has triggered feeding responses. I use their frozen Rotifers and well as Reef Nutritions Rotifers' date=' Arctipods, and Tigger Pods as needed.[/quote']

I can speak to an awesome Mandarin from Garrett. I've had mine for about four months now and haven't added any pods on the tank since the first day. He's been eating cyclopeez which is mainly what I feed the tank

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Look like little helicopters. (laugh)

They are awesome fish but [language filter] the ORA ones are expensive!

Who knew a feeding frenzy could be so cute rofl.

I agree they are expencive but if it gets you a fish that will actually eat and not slowly starve to death while you watch its worth it. Plus it will help stop the plundering of the natural reefs. But if you can get one that is eating and not pay $75 (whistle)