Coral Growth

DChemist

Another question...

Looks like its gotten some nice color to it too. Good pics.

Thanks. Here's a follow-up question...

It has similar growth over the same period of time. Is this one 'bleached' or just 'lightening up'? Should I be concerned?

montiporadigitata2weeksii.jpg

The first shot was taken a day after the frag was added to the tank. The frag wasn't moved between photos.

The frag is placed about 8 inches under the T5 lighting. Just an inch or two lower than the other digis.

I appreciate any advice.

Darren

Personally, I think it looks good. I don't think it looks like bleaching. It could simply be the difference between an unhappy coral (because it moved) and finally getting adjusted to the new tank. We have had corals in the new tank that start out with very little polyp ext, or are really dark and within a week color up ot the original color when they are happier.....Just my 2 cents..

Ang

Are you sure they are digi's? They almost look like birdsnests'. Sorry to go off topic. You should see something in the next month. I have had corals take as little as a week to show color improvment and up to 8weeks.

Looks like a green birdsnest to me too. The polyps are certainly bleached out.

They were a couple of frags given to me in a trade. I was told they were digis- I had no reason to believe otherwise. I don't know what kind of light they were under originally- I'll try and find out. I didn't think my 156 watts of T5 could bleach them out.

I'm looking for a concensus- I've already moved them down... should I leave them or move them back up?:confused:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Since they've been moved, there is no sign of stress. Color may be darkening- but its too soon to tell. My plan is to give it another week, takes some more comparative photos and post them for everyone's feedback.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...