Lc Scott's dip into The Femto Madness

LC Scott

Got my heater and air pump for this tank but for got to get a thermometer to see if I can keep it at a steady temp.DOH!

Heater was 14.94

air pump was 6.77

Brings me down to 92.22.

That reminds me, the vase will hold 108 oz before rock, sand and heater.

• 2 weeks later...

Which heater did you end up going with? I have a feeling the the heater I have now will require a lot of plugging in and un plugging as the tempature rises and falls.

P.S. If you can I would stay away from any CF they give off a lot of heat and especially with a lid I foresee issues. If you do get a CF I would also pick up a little desk fan; you can use the fan to blow air over the surface of the water, this will cause evaporation and in the process cause heat transfer. If you have a well air conditioned home it may not be an issue but IMO with a lid and CF you will probably have heat issues

It seems to me I've forgotten to declare a few things.

Airstone- 1.19 brings me to 61.64

control valve (part of a 10 piece kit) - 4.29

used some silicone to seal the grommets

So how do I value the 10 part kit? $0.42 or full value of 4.29 ?

Seeing I'm only using on piece of it for this project and the rest will be going to the phyto project coming soon.

How are you liking the light? I am starting to feel like its way too bright!!! I noticed the packaging said the light was dimmable, and they sell dimmable extension cords at home depot for like ten bucks... so I'm going to try one out; I'll let you know what I think. I was also thinking it could use some actinic, it would be cool to add a blue moonlight, but my budget is already blown. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...