9 gal nano cube

Bicyclebill

Day one of my new cube in my office at work! I'm very impressed with the eheim aquascape package cube complete with corner filter and 7w led light. Just added a heater and korallia nano powerhead and I'm in business. Getting some zoas and shrooms over the weekend. starting with 10 lbs of live rock, 10 lbs of live sand, and 5g of water from home tank. ad0b0a56-2da6-d649.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Stopped at Upscales and grabbed a yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp combo, black clown, coral banded shrimp, and a bunch of nasarrius snails, along with some shrooms and zoas I picked up from Rudy this morning. Added a few orange ricordias I fragged from home with some zoas. I'm going to have a hard time not going crazy adding stuff! Have to wait and see how this 7w multi chip led does. 3235be63-2512-a124.jpg3235be63-251d-c711.jpg3235be63-2539-4e41.jpg3235be63-2546-944a.jpg3235be63-2557-ec2d.jpg

It's funny, everyone at work was hoping I'd set it up in a little easier viewing spot. I said no way; I wanted this right in my face so I could enjoy it up close all day without having to get up to really see up close inside. Maybe this will spur an interest for me to get a "company" reef tank that we can write off for therapeutic reasons (just got the idea from Brett!).

wont your banded and pistol have problems?

Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get to work! They were both hanging out just fine in the same corner even for the half hour or so I spent fiddling with stuff yesterday after adding them.

The two rocks that my pistol/goby live under are pretty much sitting on the acrylic now. The pistol shrimp re-arranges the landscape every day, too. In the morning, they'll have a hole on one side of the rock and in the evening it'll be on the opposite side. If you can, break up a bunch of really small bits of live rock and put them near the entrance of the cave. He'll drag them in and use them as structure for the cave. Also, watch loose frags near the entrance, mine has tried to drag them into his cave.

You shouldn't have any issue with your pistol shrimp and your coral banded. Your goby will shuffle your pistol back into the safety of the cave if the coral banded gets frisky and wants to try anything.

I feed my whole tank with the smallest sized slow-sinking pellets. Everyone eats them and I put in just enough that they're gone in about 1 minute. I'm pretty sure they pistol shrimp doesn't need to be target fed. He'll pick up uneaten food from the sand as he moves it around. I also believe he will eat goby poop.

They're a ton of fun to watch. Do you ever sit there an think, when did the first goby and pistol shrimp decide that it would be a good idea to pair up, and how did that conversation go?