Nano Comp?

ZachS

Nano Comp?  

1. 1.

• Yes I'm in
    • No this is dumb

I would be interested except that I already have one in a competition on nano-reef.com.

It would be fun to get some more local people into nanos and picos.

Wait, would there be a minimum size? I wonder if I couldn't make a successful sub-quart sized pico. Or a reef vase.

I don't think I'm actually up for it, but doing it with a dictated vessel would be pretty cool. maybe it could be a one-quart Kerr jar, or a specific 2quart vase or something...John's idea is pretty inspiring.

I think I'll submit a new term...if nano's are under 40g and pico's are under 10, I think anything under one gallon should be a femto tank (for those non-nerds, femto is the next order of magnitude down after pico)

talk to Gill. I think about a year ago or so maybe longer he had a tiny little pico tank. I'm not sure how practical this is going to be as just like anything else if people don't have the funds to setup a system the person with the most money would probably win. I haven't read up on these on any other forum but I can just see that happening. IMO.

We could make a budget so something like that cant happen that way everyone has the same budgwt

Another problem could be the one that has the most spare equipment to use could have the advantage

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

^^ Agreed

So here a few rules that we could try and put into this comp.

1. Entire system has to be less then 6 gallons

2. Tank cant cost more then $20

3. Equiptment ( Skimmers, powerheads.....) can't sost more then $75

4. Lighting can't cost more then $100

5. Livestock has to be frags only (Zoas have to less then 5 polyp frags)

6. You can't spend more then $100 on livestock (Corals and fish)

7. Entire system has to be under $295

Can anyone think of extra rules that they feel are needed or rules that are here and need to be changed?

We have people that have a hard enough time coming up with coin for things. I would think that a contest for a tank would be a tough one to get in this crowd. On a national level it's not a problem but honestly if I'm going to spend another $300 on a tank it's going into the one I currently have. Sorry bud. I like the idea but I'm out. (sad)

I am actually liking this idea of a determined vessel; maybey even a mason jar :). Unfortunately anything bigger is going to get a little spendy. I had a 2.5 gallon budget pico and it still cost $100.

It would be cool to see who could actually grow something in a mason jar; honestly though it is kinda bad timing, once the weather gets hot a little tank will too :(.

I would be down though, since I already have all the equipment in storage.

how bout' date=' once petco fires up their $1 per gallon sale we just use a standard 10 gallon? Modified however you want, just no sump. I think that'd be cool. I'd totally be in for that.[/quote']

Ghat works too