My 29 Starter

spectra

Well here it is one 29 in my sons room. Started as a freshwater tank then decided to do SW since I am going to be the one taking care of it. Built the stand and top for the pendant to sit on. Am running a Remora C and a HOT filter for some flow. Still need to add a few power heads for some more flow. Light is a 175 MH with some pcs (great deal from Austin thanks!) works great might need to lower it a little but not sure. Not sure how much rock is in there but once again great deal on those to (thanks oldbrownies!) They have a few aptasia on them so am going hunting on sunday for them. Also some shrooms and one zoa polyp not sure what kind. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Here is a pic with just the pcs on.

post-523-141867766392_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867766394_thumb.jpg

I just went in to fantasies to talk to them about getting a light for my 29, and you HAVE IT!(drooler)

Oh well, have to wait. Tank looks good!

Rena

Yeah talked to Austin today and he told me someone asked him about one. Just buy a new one they are available.

What darren said, see if you can slide the heater in the skimmer somewhere, thats what i have always done on non sump tanks.

That light looks awesome. I hope your happy with it.

fwiw

How do they fit inside the skimmer??? Do you just put the cord down the riser tube? Does it interfere with the bubbles?

Confused...

dsoz

ps. Nice looking tank. May you never have algae problems. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is an update on the tank. It has cycled very well and hardly have any real problems yet(whistle) Have set it up with some livestock that my son wanted. Have a cleaner shrimp and a few peppermint in there for the aptasia control. One rose anemone. As for fish he wanted a firefish so we picked one up and then got a couple of true percs (he wanted the black and white ones but right now they are not available at any local stores) and a six line. And last the corals (those are my favorite:D) have a few frags of zoas abot 6 I think, 1 small hammer frag, 1 sps frag, and a few things that I do not know what they are just looked cool at the LFS (laugh) Oh can not forget the big basll of Zenia that is pretty cool looking. Now that it is all together and looking pretty good am going to tear it all apart and put in a sumpDOH! I was not planning it but do not like the micro bubbles from the Remora. Here are a few pics sorry they are crappy but you get the point.

post-523-141867735821_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867735823_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867735825_thumb.jpg

The tank may be young but all of the LR came from a cycled tank and most of the water to start came out of a running system to. Water has checked out good so am not to worried. When I first started it the LR had mushrooms and some zoas on them to start.

Also came home today to find one of my clowns finaly figured out where the anemone was (clap)

And last would like to thank Oldbrownies here in the site. All of my rock and alot of my critters came from him(rock2)

Hopefully will be doing a bigger system here in the futer so stay tuned for another build:D

The tank may be young but all of the LR came from a cycled tank and most of the water to start came out of a running system to. Water has checked out good so am not to worried. When I first started it the LR had mushrooms and some zoas on them to start.

Also came home today to find one of my clowns finaly figured out where the anemone was (clap)

And last would like to thank Oldbrownies here in the site. All of my rock and alot of my critters came from him(rock2)

Hopefully will be doing a bigger system here in the futer so stay tuned for another build:D

Sorry. I didn't meen to sound rude. I didn't realize that the rock/water was from an established tank. Most of the time that is good enough. I have way too many bad memories of my first time into reef-keeping, and all the anemones that I had die in my care. I am trying to take it slow and easy this time around. I have not had anything die yet, but my clowns did come down with a case of ick because I was trying to rush. Now I am paying for it whith my clowns in the hospital tank while waiting for the parasite to clear from my system. I keep telling myself, only two more weeks to go.

I am glad that everything is going great for you. It is great to hear about the clowns and the anemone(clap) I hope that mine can figure it out when/if I do decide to get one.

Tell us about the plans for your next system :) It is always good to dream about what comes next.

dsoz :)

Not to worry was not taking any offense. And as for the anemone it has not moved but about 3 inchs since I put it in the tank. I tried for the front of the rock but it decided to go hide around the corner. Might have to get another one only one clown likes to go in there. If the other comes around it the one gets rude real quick. You can definately tell who is in charge between the two.

And as for another set up not real sure yet. Have a deal working on a tank but the dimensions are kind of funny. I would like to do a cube either a 24x24 or a 30x30 not real sure yet. But at the same time would like something 3 feet wide so ? Am still thinking and looking real hard.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be starting a 29G with a 150 MH.

wished mind looked half as decent as yours.

Thanks but that was the other tank. I decided to drill it and it was tempered and shattered. Went and bought another one and have it up and running now. You ought to do very well with the MH I love the way mine looks. Get some pics posted.