Best Skiimmer for Biocube

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a problem with ppl posting on your thread? We are still on topic??

I don't have a problem with staying on topic. I mentioned a few times in the thread i wanted to have a unit that fit inside the chambers not a HOB, and you continued to have a conversation about them. Just figured I didn't need to weed through another side conversation on it. If you want to make your own threads go for it. I've noticed as of lately that many of the threads posted (not just mine) have gone off topic a lot.

Back to point i talked to john about his gnome glass skimmer and he said he wasnt a big fan, wet skimmate and it tends to sweat into the tank. I was originally interested in them for me and stevehash leaf tank but after his review decided otherwise. If i did get one id go for the xxl one or whatever it is. If your looking for in chamber tunze sounds like best bet. On side note where is your float switch located in rear chambers out of curiousity, same chamber as return pump?? Only place i could imagone room for it. Like jeramy said seems like the contact time would weaken skim.

Back to point i talked to john about his gnome glass skimmer and he said he wasnt a big fan' date=' wet skimmate and it tends to sweat into the tank. I was originally interested in them for me and stevehash leaf tank but after his review decided otherwise. If i did get one id go for the xxl one or whatever it is. If your looking for in chamber tunze sounds like best bet. On side note where is your float switch located in rear chambers out of curiousity, same chamber as return pump?? Only place i could imagone room for it. Like jeramy said seems like the contact time would weaken skim.[/quote']

Right now the float switch is in the middle chamber since I don't have a skimmer in there. Not a big deal to move it once I decide what I plan on doing. Which john are you talking about? Wouldn't mind talking to them as well. Not many reviews on them still.