Puffer in reef tank?

Bicyclebill

I just added a lined puffer to my reef tank... I don't have shrimp or else those would be eaten.. But I do have snail and crabs.. But the puffer probably isn't big enough to eat them.. Idk though... I'll let us know how it works out.. He's pretty stressed right now

Depends on the puffer. Some are born killers and some are gentle. My puffer picks at snails and hermits, but never kills them. I had a cleaner shrimp with him for the longest time. He would constantly go up to the shrimp for cleaning. But the shrimp passed away. He still sometimes looks for him where the shrimp used to hang out. He never picks at my corals, just bumps into them.

Mine likes killing gobies and crabs, thats all...

I'll let ya know in a month or when ever my butt moves into gear and I get my newest tank up. Of course I will be adding cheap zoa's and things first. This tank is gonna be a tad of a oddity. A lionfish, dogface puffer to start. (nutty) Not by choice, request of my 10 year old. we shall see how it turns out.

I have a procupine puffer in my reef tank and he doesn't bother my corals, clams, or shrimps. But I do feed him krills. But he doesn't bother the fire shrimp, coral banded shrimp or peppermint shrimps.

I had a toby puffer in the tank and he ate 5 clams. :( He's in solitude now.

I had a blue spot puffer that is supposed to be reef safe and over night he started to eat my brains and my giant toadstool and my acros and then ate all my spiderman zoas in one night I had him little over a week and was perfect untill that one night

Dang zombie blue spots eating brains LOL

Dang zombie blue spots eating brains LOL

LOL, I know I have been in the hobby too long when what Mike posted sounded completely normal. When I reread it , it sounds like he is on some Alice and Wonderland acid trip! (laugh)

Blue spot puffer eating brains and giant toadstools.

Thanks pete and kim, I reread what I wrote and it does sound like an alice and wonderland acid trip lol

• 4 weeks later...