purple tang question

new2saltwater

Depends on the size of your tank. I had a purple, yellow, sailfin, and orange shoulder tang in a 120 gallon awhile back and they all did great after a few days. There was a bit of aggression when I got the purple tang but there was plenty of hiding spots in the tank and they all got over their issues after a few days.

nice feedback. Im not worried about the size of my tank, they will be in a 240 by next spring. Im glad to here that there has been some success mixing zebrasoma species of tangs. all i have read says they will not get along. so i should proceed with caution? Thx for all the responses.

that sounds like how my tomini came into my tank with the yellow, I forgot to bother with the lights and rearranging and everything, just acclimated and dumped him in. the yellow chased the tomini about twice and now the swim together.

I've seen them do what seems like playing chase sometimes...the yellow will lazily swim at the tomini's tail ans the tomini lazily swims away, once he moves about 6" they're both fine. other times they swim like the yellow is the wingman, and the 'chase' never happens in the same place, so I don't think it's territorialism.

looks pretty good! I wish I could have 10 tangs, but i don't think I'll ever own the tank for that :D

I've had my eye on a purple or a powder brown for a long time...maybe someday

glad to see your introduction went well and that the pleasentries between them last forever!