My 55 Gallon Starter tank

Stigits

Hey Guys!!!

I have been reading all of your post now for several months. I have learned a great deal. I thought in honor of my tanks 1 year (clap) I would post some pictures of it.

History:

My Dad started a Fish Only marine tank when I was in high school many years ago. I always wanted my own so when I say this tank at a garage sale for $10 bucks I pounced on it. The going has been real slow for me. I have budgeted my self to only 30 dollars every other week. Which includes food So if any trades are more then welcome. Attached are some of my pics. My tank is looking very empty right now. My dad came over for a visit a few months ago and saw my set up and promptly bought himself a bigger and better tank then mine(flame) and wanted to make it a coral tank. Being the nice and very unjealous son that I am I supplied him with several pieces of LR and some Xena, Pruple Zoas, Mushrooms, Green polyps, and some daisy polyps. So currently my tank is looking very empty and not filling up at a very fast rate.

I want to mention that all you guys on here are great and deserve a medal or at least a handshake for being so willing to help everyone else out.

And if there is any interest I have a 55 gallon fish tank that is in better shape then the one shown in the pics that is available for trade.

Pictured:

Pacific Blue Tang

Merandian Goby

Drawf angel (can't remember sir name) so far is reef safe

Two clown fish

very large green serpentine star (rescued from Dad's tank when he thought putting it in a tank with a porcipine puffy was a good idea, since then all legs have grown back) Speaking of that puffer is available for trade too. I have had him for 4 years and he is very charismatic

Red serp. star ich hiked in with some live rock

Cleaner shrimp

a jubalee of snails

and a few hermits

Had a big hermit in a large shell but gave him back to the FS cause he developed an appitite of star polyps.

Sry if I butched the name to some of these. I am not good with them.

post-297-141867766349_thumb.jpg

post-297-141867766353_thumb.jpg

post-297-141867766355_thumb.jpg

post-297-141867766357_thumb.jpg

post-297-141867766358_thumb.jpg

First off Welcome to the site with your first posts!!!

Don't feel bad about the way the tank looks...........we all started out somewhere and had a tank that was 'empty' looking.

The angel is 1/2 black and 1/2 white right? Might be what I have seen sold as a 1/2 black angel -or- moon 'something' angel.

Keep an eye on the mandrain goby since you don't have a refugium or sump as a pod growing place that is safe from the mandrain.

Again Welcome!

Welcome to the site, and your first posting! Nice looking tank:)

(welcome) (To) (P) (N) (W) (M) (A) (S)

I can't wait to see the competition develop between you and your dad. (popcorn) Is he on this site too? If not, get him on board!

The only thing he know how to do on a comp. is bid on ebay. I think a forum would be a little much for him.

With the Goby. I still alot of food for him to eat in the gravel. He does like to nibble on the frozen food I put in too. A refugeium is in the works. My plans were pushed back a little when we needed the small tank for a hospital tank