Hey there, new to the site

b.stet

Name is Bo and I found this place by luck or should I revise to lots of Goolge ;). Anyway I am new to this site and fairly new to reefing as a whole. In fact I dont even have a tank. I am looking for a 12g Nano. If anyone has one let me know. I have a few frags at my cousins house of what is most likely common zoo's but I would be willing to trade them towards the tank. I don't need a stand but do need the tank in its entirety, top, lights, pump.

Thanks for having me

Welcome to the addiction err I mean to the hobby DOH!

If you have the room, why not start with a 40B, that tank is plentiful, ideal starter, much more forgiving than a 12g Nano and plumbing supplies are cheaper. Just an idea. Don't forget to read, read and read up some more and ask lots of questions. (you'll have to sort out the answers your self) (scratch) (scratch) In this hobby, knowledge is saving $$$$

Welcome. I have had all sorts of tank sizes. I'm currently using a 29 biocube and it's decent for a beginner tank. I just had a 240 gallon tank setup so I'm having a little bit of withdrawals but small tanks are fun too if you do them right. Your welcome to come here and check it out and see what you like and dislike before you buy a tank as well.

Welcome to the forum everyone here is very nice and helpfull. +1 for the 40b it's alot of room and they look good. I think with a 12g you will want to upgrade too quickly. Also you can get them for around $30 and stay a sump for another 40(just tank and baffells) thats just my .02cents

welcome to PNWMAS!

12g is fun, and John (islandoftiki) will definitely be able to talk about the benefits of a pico tank (As would many others here). I would also say though, that a 40 breeder or a 29g biocube would be the best starter tanks. I started (in salt) with a 55 and don't like how narrow it is, I think a 40b is a better tank (I'm actually upgrading currently to a 90g with 55 sump).

12 can be fun, just make sure you know what you want to put in it. if you want a goby or two or something, a 12g can be really nice. if you want wrasses or clowns or something, 12g is pushing it in almost every case (though islandoftiki's six-line wrasse seems happy in the 10g)

mostly, as wannareef said: read, then ask questions, then read, then ask questions and when you've figured it out, start over at the beginning of this sentence.

There are a lot of things you can do with small tanks, and there are a lot of things you can't do. If you're creative, you can do some amazing things with small tanks, you just have to do a lot of research and plan. I guess that goes for any tank though.

To be honest, I'm having more fun building my competition 2 gallon Mantis shrimp/Pest tank right now than I am with my 10 gallon. Of course, building any new tank is always the most fun!

There are a lot of things you can do with small tanks, and there are a lot of things you can't do. If you're creative, you can do some amazing things with small tanks, you just have to do a lot of research and plan. I guess that goes for any tank though.

To be honest, I'm having more fun building my competition 2 gallon Mantis shrimp/Pest tank right now than I am with my 10 gallon. Of course, building any new tank is always the most fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck on finding a small tank. I have however decided to sell whatever frags that I do own. Maybe that way I can get a tank and stuff to put in it. I have like 16 different types of SPS that are all small frags but if your interested let me know. They will all be $20 and some are said to be very limited.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Still no luck on finding a small tank. I have however decided to sell whatever frags that I do own. Maybe that way I can get a tank and stuff to put in it. I have like 16 different types of SPS that are all small frags but if your interested let me know. They will all be $20 and some are said to be very limited.

Let me know if anyone is interested.