Official 2012 SPS Growout Thread! Contestants post here!

1st pic-12cm

IMG_3669.jpg

Last pic 19cm (if the ruler was straight) or 18-I'll take another pic if it matters

FinalShot.jpg

Hey Noob, hows the freak of nature doing?

Your lucky it was vertical growth and not total growth-(laugh)

Lets just say there is a 4 at the beginning of the measurement...(whistle)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

April pic 10mm

P1030071.jpg

Sept Pic officially 12.345mm

P1030525.jpg

Not bad considering 1/4 of it died back! If only i had another month! (violin)

Dont sell yourself short, I swear its closer to 12.349, maybe 12.35-

Nice job!

Here's mine. Original 6mm

6uquvy3e.jpg

And today 18mm

asy8e9av.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome growth, even developing side branches-great job

@Brad. Yes' date=' I thought mine was looking pretty good for the prize until I looked back futher and saw Jesse's evil monster. Great comment on Randy's measurement; made me lough out loud! Sorry Randy![/quote']

I'm not sure I'm ready to post up a picture of this amazing frag yet. I really feel bad that it's grown so much faster than everybody else frag...ok not really but i only have a few more days of smack talk.

Where is jdog at?(scratch)

I'm not sure I'm ready to post up a picture of this amazing frag yet. I really feel bad that it's grown so much faster than everybody else frag...ok not really but i only have a few more days of smack talk.

Where is jdog at?(scratch)

I'd wait too if I were you, its a rare occasion when something actually grew for you (naner)

Bask in the moment (rock2)

my hats off to you

(icon)

I'd wait too if I were you, its a rare occasion when something actually grew for you (naner)

Bask in the moment (rock2)

my hats off to you

(icon)

I'm not sure if i should take that as a compliment or not..(scratch)

I'm used to the Reefnjunkie master growing things like crazy (rock2)

So this is a nice change. Now if i could only learn how to keep expensive fish..DOH!

Final Post

Okay here is mine. By the way the measurements are actually millimeters...(whistle)

First post back in April.. Oh yes those were the days...:p 10mm

DSC00882ARW.jpg

Final post. I'm gonna say..(scratch) 18mm if the ruler as well as my frag were straight (or me for that matter) I would guess it would be 20mm:p but I will go with 18!:D

DSC01783ARW.jpg

It was a compliment noob-I'm always so misunderstood(scratch)

Ok the first line was a kick in the **** (self censored)

In all honesty you do fine with the corals, its the fish you murder-(whistle)

Ah snap another low blow

You know I'm messinng with ya, remember this is being typed by the idiot that just killed about a 1000.00 in corals 2 weeks ago(laugh)

Enjoy the TEC is one of my faves(rock2)

Guess I will post up mine now too since I'm going to get more growth on this little guy over the next few weeks for sure.

29 gallon biocube

Tunze 9002 Skimmer

Vortech MP10

Rapid LED lighting

Reefkeeper Lite Controller w/ ALC module

I think the first thread said we are supposed to post what we are feeding but I will wait until I get conformation on that before I toss out my secrets...(whistle)

This might be fun getting pictures since the shrimp was not happy with the ruler being in the tank.

Current growth 10mm or 1cm

DSC_0010-8.jpg

DSC_0009-9.jpg

DSC_0008-9.jpg

Oh and I accept all challenges. This really isn't going to be a competition so you might as well just send that chalice over to my tank and let it reside in the winner's tank!! BRING IT ON!

Well I still stand behind my words in this posting on 4-24-12. Still haven't seen any challengers yet. I am however a bit dissapointed in the growth. I thought for sure I was going to have a 4 in first part of the number but I was mistaken...(sad) The frag is currently 39cm. That is a total of 29cm growth in the 4 months of having the frag. pretty sweet IMO. Sure I talked some smack but just like Brad has mentioned I've never had this much luck with growing SPS in the past. Always been more of a zoa and LPS grower.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Well, I thought I could compete against the steroid using frag (scratch), but since our forum doesn't test for performance enhancing drugs (scratch), I guess my all-natural frag will take a back seat.....

First pic at about 7cm...

IMG_2450.jpg

This month at about 28cm...

slimer.jpg

Not bad for a 4 month old system and zero growth the first 3 months. Noob would have had no chance if I had vertical growth in the first month, but congrats anyways. I'll cya at the next growout! (icon)(cheer)

Well' date=' I thought I could compete against the steroid using frag (scratch), but since our forum doesn't test for performance enhancing drugs (scratch), I guess my all-natural frag will take a back seat.....[/b']

IMG_2450.jpg

slimer.jpg

Not bad for a 4 month old system and zero growth the first 3 months. Noob would have had no chance if I had vertical growth in the first month, but congrats anyways. I'll cya at the next growout! (icon)(cheer)

Nice growth. (clap) mine did however grow a mm more then your entire frag is(whistle) but still very impressive. I think we have a frankenfrag jr in the works here

Well' date=' I thought I could compete against the steroid using frag (scratch), but since our forum doesn't test for performance enhancing drugs (scratch), I guess my all-natural frag will take a back seat.....[/b']

IMG_2450.jpg

slimer.jpg

Wow that's some amazing growth in a month! What kind of performance enhancing drugs did you use?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Wow that's some amazing growth in a month! What kind of performance enhancing drugs did you use?

All-Natural....only vitamins and minerals. I was having some early issues with my tank's water, but once it was fixed, everything in my tank started growing like crazy!