Hawk Fish

Jeramy

So I picked up a batch of snail and hermit from upscales yesterday. When I put them in the tank my hawkfish was very currious about what I was doing nothing new. I have added snails and hemits before not a problem but he was always watching what I was doing. This time however I made the ppile of snails and hermits so I could make sure that they were all alive. One of the larger hermit crabs was the first to start moving about. Here come my hawk fish (Chubbs) Darts out of the rock work and grabs the unsuspecting hermit by the claw and drags him off behind the rock work where he proceded to dismantle the hermit crab bit by bit. I keep him well fed and I know he is known to eat crabs I just was hoping that I could keep hermits alive without them all being killed and thought he was to small to eat a large hermit crab but he dimantled it with such ease I wonder if my emerald crab is at risk as well. (hungry)

Your emerald crab should be fine. My hawk fish ate probably all my peppermint shrimps I put in the tank. Luckily, it jumped off the tank and died without my notice. Right now, I have problems with my lunare wrasse. His appetite is my clean up crews. It sucks that I cannot catch him at all.(flame)