SPS Growout Competition Prizes Thank You Sponsors!

For those of you who signed up for the SPS GOC I wanted to start a separate thread to show you the prizes and give props to the sponsors who have stepped up. Nick at Rosecity has also offered support too I have just not had time to make it there. Again this is an expensive hobby and people have to make purchases carefully. I would encourage you to support these businesses as they have great customer service and consistently support this forum and Tanks for Teachers. The proceeds of this contest are going to Tanks for Teachers and The Parkinson's foundation. Thanks again for all of your support. Here are the prizes in no particular order:

The Premium Aquarium: Garrett is definitely worth the drive. He has one of the nicest shops and is great hanging out with. Salem sounds so far away but it is only a 40 minute drive for some depending on where you live. He has also been a wonderful supporter of the TFT program!(clap)(clap) From Garrett we have 5 bags of sand. This is a nice grade and quality sand. I have not decided if all 5 will be one prize or if I will separate them. Garrett has also donated 4 10 dollar clean up crew certificates. Garrett has the best selection of CUCs and for the prices he has 10 dollars will go a long way! (clap)(clap)

DSC00638ARW.jpg

DSC00784ARW.jpg

Bulk Reef Supply Brand spanking new refractometer!(clap)(clap) BRS is a great source for dry goods and with the group buys that we do, you cannot beat the prices! They also have great informational videos BRS has also been a generous supporter of this forum and TFT.

DSC00839ARW.jpg

From Golden Basket (indirectly) Rudy generously donated some sun corals which I was able to trade for credit and I got the Kent scraper and the Retrieval tongs. I use a similar pair of tongs daily. For those of you who don't know Golden Basket is an online store but we are lucky he is local to us. He has an amazing selection and variety of corals and you can pickup locally to avoid shipping costs.(clap)(clap)

DSC00632ARW.jpg

Barrier Reef 50 dollar gift certificate. This will definitely make it worth the drive! Cy has a great shop in Renton, WA. They are also very friendly and helpful and have a nice selection of fish and corals. If you ever make a trip up that way like Seattle he is worth stopping for. Beth and I have stopped there and they did an excellent job packing up our stuff for the trip home! (clap)(clap)

DSC00729ARW.jpg

Fantastik Frags: 2 25 dollar gift certificates.(not pictured will post a picture when I get them) This is another great online store. He has quite the selection of sps and will cut to order. I have bought a few rare and unusual frags that I could not find locally!(clap)(clap)

DT's calcium supplements. Calcium, alk, and magnesium are keys in growing successful sps and LPS(clap) This goes to Mohaynow for having the ugliest frag! (clap) (clap)

DSC00634ARW.jpg

Last but certainly not least we have TECO! (clap)(clap) Not only did Jody donate the 25 green slimer frags but he also donated the grand prize..(clap)(clap) TECO has a great online store with great prices. I have bought many things from him and unlike many online stores his stuff always looks better than the pictures and are top quality and in good health. No small frags and no fresh fragged items. He has also been a great supporter of this forum and TFT.(clap)(clap) And now for the grand prize..............(Rim)(Rim)(party) Jody has generously offered up a single eye of his famous TEC watermelon.(drooler) This is in my top 5 of chalices.. I would say number one but I'm just the noncommital type at times...(laugh) You don't see these up for sale much. Thanks again Jody. I lost my frag so I am hoping everyone drops out or gets dq'd (laugh)

TECOwatermelon.jpg

I will post up more prizes if I get anything else but with all the generous donations, everyone has a great chance of getting something. Just keep those frags alive!(clap)(clap)

Great donations! Thanks to all the sponsors! If I win that chalice (which I probably will) i might have to ask one of you to grow it out a little for me, haven't had much luck with them except the one got from Roy's tank it's doing great!

Nice! Thank you sponsors! (drinking)

Cheers indeed!(clap)(clap)

Holy crap' date=' Jody donated a TEC watermelon frag!!? This just got very serious!:). I have to agree with Kim, one of the best if not the best chalice on the market:) Thank you to all the sponsors. Very cool of you all. This will be fun.[/quote']

This did get serious!(laugh) I couldn't believe he donated a frag of this! Grow green slimer frag grow!(clap)(clap)

Great donations! Thanks to all the sponsors! If I win that chalice (which I probably will) i might have to ask one of you to grow it out a little for me' date=' haven't had much luck with them except the one got from Roy's tank it's doing great![/quote']

Feeling a little confident there Steve!:p You don't have to worry I will take good care of it when I win it!(laugh) They don't like a lot of light or flow so keeping them low and in your tank shaded would help!

Feeling a little confident there Steve!:p You don't have to worry I will take good care of it when I win it!(laugh) They don't like a lot of light or flow so keeping them low and in your tank shaded would help!

I will say I think this chalice can take a lot more light and flow than most. Mine is halfway up in my tank right under my LED's directly in front of my Vortech. It's loving life and looks great. Key is to acclimate them slowly

Archived