Lighting my 29

spectra

Ok would like a few people to chime in here on what they would do. The tank is going to be mainly used for soft corals and only a few fish might end up throwing in some hard corals but not sure. I like the look of the MH but the problem is finding an all in one that fits a 30" tank. Not sure if I want to build a lid I like the open look at the top. And last a pendant would work but do not really like them just hanging there plus need something to hang them from. I am kind of picky can you tell(laugh) So please let me know what kind of lighting you would run and if you know where to go let me know that also.

Thanks!

Trying to find a good look and not sure if I like the pendant. Like I said I am picky(whistle) I did pick up some lights but decided they were to much for the tank. And am not sure if the MH will heat up the tank pretty quickly or not. Still looking at all my options.

maybe try some T5's , sure you may be between sizes but if you went with a 24 inch light that only leaves 2 1/2 inches on eather side and if you were to hold it abought 4 inches or so above the water the light would wash out and you wouldnt even be able to tell. as for holding the light up you could get some acrylic and build a stand kinda like this i--------i with your light setting on top over the tank.

MH's are cool but if depending on what corals, mainly the hard ones you want to add you might not need them. IT might be very possible to get away with just PC's. O.K. i know everyone is a PC hater, and I prefer MH's and T5's to but for that size if you don't like the 24" t5 fixture, you don't want a canopy, and you don't want to hang a pendant a PC fixture might work well for you. They have dual 65w fixtures with fans and moonlights pretty readily available. You could also look into one of the clamp on style HQI fixtures, they are fairly nice, but if you are picky about looks might not be for you.

HTH

Well am going to go with MH for sure. I just like the way they look. Just not sure on what light yet. Have a few ideas if I end up with a pendant and have found one 250 watt MH that is 30" wide. Just trying to decide(whistle)

Thanks for the replys!