Pioneer School Update

Emerald525

Beth and I made our monthly trip to the Pioneer School for a water change and met Becky there. She is doing a great job!(clap)(clap) The autofeeder is working out well too and all the fish look great but it looks like the yellow wrasse that Kimberlee donated didn't make it (sad). Here's a few full tank shots:

DSC00786ARW.jpg

DSC00787ARW.jpg

The ocellaris and cinnamon clowns still hang out together. I'm surprised they really have not gotten very big which is great for this smaller tank

DSC00793ARW.jpg

This is the Diamond Goby I bought from Jonas in the summer. He is not as shy. Becky says they seem him much more now!(clap)(clap)

DSC00796ARW.jpg

DSC00807ARW.jpg

The frogspawn is really growing

DSC00798ARW.jpg

DSC00818ARW.jpg

DSC00819ARW.jpg

I added some fuzzy mushrooms that Nelsz donated! Thanks Jared!(clap)(clap) That neon green color really shows up in the tank! Becky liked them. It's always exciting when new things are added!(clap)(clap)

DSC00811ARW.jpg

DSC00802ARW.jpg

I believe these are called acid drop palys and they are doing well

DSC00820ARW.jpg

As far as fish we are well stocked and I am not planning on adding more. There is a Mono, Coral Beauty, 2 Cinnamon clowns, 1 Ocellaris, Diamond Goby and Niger Trigger. The Niger Trigger was being shy so I couldn't get a good picture

DSC00822ARW.jpg

DSC00823ARW.jpg

DSC00831ARW.jpg

DSC00836ARW.jpg

So there you have it. Everything looks pretty good. As far as maintenance. Becky tops off with 5 gallons per week and Nick at Rosecity supplies this. We also brought her 5 gallons of rodi water today. SHe cleans the protein skimmer once a week, cleans the glass once a week. There is now an autofeeder and all we do is a 5 water water change once a month. Again thanks everyone (members and sponsors) for the generous donations. The staff and children really appreciate this tank and Becky you are doing a great job with the day to day care!(clap)(clap)

That is a amazing tank :)

I think most of us would be proud to have that in our homes. They have done a great job (clap)

Yes, they have ! :)

Too bad about the wrasse.

I had not seen in the last 2 times I was there. Oh well, overall though the fish have done well but I don't want to jinx them so that's all I will say (fingers) :)

Great update, and glad to see how well the tank looks.

Everyone involved is doing a terrific job!

Thanks Reefy! It's still going strong over a year! (clap)

Tank looks great. How big is it and what kind of lighting are you using =) Keep up the good work (party)

Thanks Jeramy. I'm really happy with how it has turned out. In fact it is doing so well I imagine I can frag some of the frogspawn for another TFT tank soon. The tank is a 40Breeder. Here is the original build thread. It is a 4 bulb t-5 fixture that we are using and since the build we have upgraded the sump, skimmer and pump.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?24597-TFT-Pioneer-School-Build-Thread