Polyp question

beansandmia

hmmm, i dunno if you need all that info in this case, a picture is worth a thousand words. :)

I had something similar and my zoas died really fast afterwards. It looks like either an advanced case of zoa pox or zoa fungus. Here are some good readings: ZoaPox or FUNGUS

im not doughting you but with the quality of the pic how can you be certian without knowing the water peramiters first?

Not a good sign. I would get them into a QT tank and do 3 dips in furan-2. I do 20min dips, 1 cup RO water with 1 packet Furan-2 every other day. Then they need to sit in QT for 4 weeks with weekly 100% WCs. If you have other zoas this could spread to all of them, and if you are not proactive there will be nothing left of them. This is my regimen for all new zoas and since I started doing this I have yet to lose any.

Good luck.

im not doughting you but with the quality of the pic how can you be certian without knowing the water peramiters first?

You're right, I can't be sure. I was really just going off my own experience and also from the described symptom "not opening" (laugh). As far as the picture quality, it's better than mine so maybe that's why I had no problem looking at it. :p

Beans: let us know if it recovers, in the meantime, i would follow impur's suggestions or take a look at the links I gave you where there are various methods ranging from an antibiotic (tetracycline) to formalin dips. Good luck!