Calcium Reaction ?

kknight

I bought a calcium reactor from OIAB... It is fine for 1 month or so and then starts to leak from the motor connection or verious points . Is this normal. It is in the back of the cabinet and not moved or messed with. Help please!!!. Nothing worse than waking up to water on the new Lamite floors (scary)

The last pic looks like you could tape that as well, i dont know the name of those fittings but it looks like the J Guess type.

On that pump ( octopus I think) be careful tighting, those plactic pieces that thread into the motor break VERY easy.

You may want to unscrew any thread piece and teflon it

Good luck, I hope it stops leaking

Don't go there...(nono) She already has..(whistle).. Karen Beth and I may be able to stop by this Friday to take a look if you haven't figured it out...

That would be wonderful !!!!!! I did get some tape that reefnjunkie recommeded.

You should contact the seller first. I am sure they will help you

You'ld think so huh? Kim must be getting ready to run for office, that whistle Icon seems to be taking the place of where in days past she would say how 'said store' SUCKS for not helping a customer in need.

That would be wonderful !!!!!! I did get some tape that reefnjunkie recommeded.

So did you re-tape the threaded fittings and replace the washer/seal and it still leaks?

You'ld think so huh? Kim must be getting ready to run for office, that whistle Icon seems to be taking the place of where in days past she would say how 'said store' SUCKS for not helping a customer in need.

(laugh) You caught that did you? Yeah I kinda miss the old emerald525 where I just would have spelled it out Oh I Am Boring now... (whistle)

So did you re-tape the threaded fittings and replace the washer/seal and it still leaks?

No I have'nt messed with it yet. I'm nervous I'll brake it. I just got the tape. I is yellow not blue, hope that is okay

No I have'nt messed with it yet. I'm nervous I'll brake it. I just got the tape. I is yellow not blue' date=' hope that is okay[/quote']

I was unfamilar with the blue, is the yellow thicker than the white as well?

just remeber the black one that screws onto the motor should only be finger tight, the rigid tubing can be tightened more but its not a matter of 'tightness' so much as it is being wrapped well and snug.

I got faith in ya

Kim, just four words.....(puke)

rofl

just remeber the black one that screws onto the motor should only be finger tight, the rigid tubing can be tightened more but its not a matter of 'tightness' so much as it is being wrapped well and snug.

I got faith in ya

rofl

It is thicker and marketed for gas line thread, but says it can be used on plastic

Thanks for the faith but I have the best coming to help. So I will learn something new for next time (clap)

I went through all sorts of leaks with my cal reactor. You just have to Teflon everything even if you don't think it needs it. That picture you showed is a John gust fitting and you can throw some Teflon on it. Just take it slow and turn the fitting till it stops. Those are stronger then you think I cranked mine pretty hard, all was good.

I got faith in ya

rofl

(laugh) I love the puke smiley! (puke) (clap) (clap)

It is thicker and marketed for gas line thread, but says it can be used on plastic

Thanks for the faith but I have the best coming to help. So I will learn something new for next time (clap)

Yeah no worries Karen, I'm sure Beth can help you get it figured out on Friday!:D

The J Guest fittings (the little ones) may be subject to leak where the tubing enters the fitting. They are a push/pull fitting and seal by being pushed in all the way and then pulled out. If you have a rough or compressed cut on your line they might not seal properly. Tweak it a bit by pushing in all the way until you can feel firm resistance and then pull out and inspect for leaks. Sometimes just re-seating the tube fixes the problem. You can also have a bad fitting, so just replace. You can get these at HD, etc.

Archived