myh bow front

talkalot82

Last night my tank was fine this morning my bow front was all dead.. all but a few trying to live piccasso clowns and my urchin.. No sign of disease nothing... the filter just stopped working and they dropped.. I am so sad.. I lost my angel, coris wrasse. pistole shrimp. yellow watchman goby. my yellow eyed tang. and a bunch of other corals... Im heart broken and crying... Its not fair....

Well I have two filters a 100 and some gallon rena canister and a 50 gallon hang on aqua clear...

I tested my tank the ph was low 7.8 but the amnonia was negative the nitrite was negative the nitrate was negative. The ak was in proper range so was the calcium. and a few other test.. the pgravity was at 1.023. Im blaiming the filters. I have left now.. my urchin and my clowns are surving. I cant find my Rose bubble tip.. and my cucumber is still is fine..

I did a water change and put a air pump in there. I think my clowns may live they a re swimming upright and together again

Not sure about your tank but I haven't run a heater in years but my tanks in my living room and only fluctuates a couple degrees. My guess would be some sort of back wash through the filters as they lost power and then everything sat in that stagnant filter funk water all night...?

Regardless, what a crappy way to lose a tank :(

Not sure about your tank but I haven't run a heater in years but my tanks in my living room and only fluctuates a couple degrees. My guess would be some sort of back wash through the filters as they lost power and then everything sat in that stagnant filter funk water all night...?

Regardless, what a crappy way to lose a tank :(

You must keep your house pretty warm, or you have some equipment that puts out quite a bit of heat. I have roughly 90gal of water volume, my house is a 6 year old Energy Star and I maintain a temp of 68-70 24/7. I've had heaters quit and my tank drops to about 72 without the MH on.

They were my fishy kids. They all had names and personalitys.... I gave them a proper funeral though. They all went into little boxes. And were buried. I guess that just makes me stange I guess. But all my pets big or small are my kids and they diserve it.. they gave me happiness and joy...

Archived