Interest in a SPS Growout Competition 20 dollar buy in

Let the trash talking begin!

Thanks for holding my prizes for when I win...(I have come up with a winning plan already)

Very nice! (clap) (clap) Yeah I don't have to worry about giving out any prizes they will all stay with me! (laugh) Let the trash talking begin!(rock2)(rock2) I am also going to intermittently througout the contest give a bonus prize for the best trash talkers!(clap)(clap)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there is a spot left i would like in. Never been apart of a grow out yet.

I will put you down for a spot Bret. There's a good chance you will get in. We should have 25 frags but I'm keeping the spots at 20 just in case we lose a few. Those who are interested let me know as some people may back out too!

Hmm I think we should make some kind of rule. If you have LEDs its not really fair since they super grow sps straight out of this

World...lol

I don't remember seeing that in the rule book:-)

Im going to start culturing my voodoo juice!

I don't remember seeing that in the rule book:-)

Im going to start culturing my voodoo juice!

LOL let the trash talking continue! (clap) No rules about lighting. That's part of the point of this growout is to see how different systems and lighting compare! I'll be sure to knock Matt's frag over when he is not looking.. ;) so don't let his LEDs scare you..(scary) My ATI is going to take you down anyway..(rock2)(rock2) As long as the elegance coral stays away!!! And like Reefy, I too have a secret weapon...(naughty)

I think we did an SPS G.O. once before-(scratch), but being I suffer from Dementia I am not certain who the top "producers" were(whistle)???

I am pretty sure some of this will be in order.......................(icon)

Kim you really should not hide behind that Elegant Coral excuse anymore, we all know you just knock your frags over into that LPS on purpose to save face.

And lastly (for this post anyway) you know that those skinny, whimpy, small, "lack of sufficient" light producing bulbs you run on that tank of yours (T5's) are no match for the "closest thing to actual sunlight"

AKA

LED's

But hey, they are cute and it is after all a girl tank -[ATTACH=CONFIG]12537[/ATTACH]

post-5980-141867761636_thumb.gif

I think we did an SPS G.O. once before-(scratch), but being I suffer from Dementia I am not certain who the top "producers" were(whistle)???

I am pretty sure some of this will be in order.......................(icon)

Kim you really should not hide behind that Elegant Coral excuse anymore, we all know you just knock your frags over into that LPS on purpose to save face.

And lastly (for this post anyway) you know that those skinny, whimpy, small, "lack of sufficient" light producing bulbs you run on that tank of yours (T5's) are no match for the "closest thing to actual sunlight"

AKA

LED's

But hey, they are cute and it is after all a girl tank -[ATTACH=CONFIG]12537[/ATTACH]

LMAO! Brad! okay so far that's the winner in the trash talking contest!!!! (clap) (clap) You do realize when you insult my ATI PM you also insult madmike and Danik's tanks so bring it on!

LMAO! Brad! okay so far that's the winner in the trash talking contest!!!! (clap) (clap) You do realize when you insult my ATI PM you also insult madmike and Danik's tanks so bring it on!

the list is longrr than that-[ATTACH=CONFIG]12538[/ATTACH]

but even with all your [ATTACH=CONFIG]12539[/ATTACH] and deflecting. in the end this sort of covers that-[ATTACH=CONFIG]12540[/ATTACH]

I think I'm going to prove to all of you that a little tank like my biocube can outgrow your "super tanks" any day....(whistle)

Bigger isn't always better!

BRING IT!

Jesse I'll get back to you after dinner-(scary)

post-5980-141867761637_thumb.gif

post-5980-141867761638_thumb.gif

post-5980-141867761638_thumb.gif

Based on no response it looks like Brads a little worried about my cube taking the lead on this one.....(laugh)

Payment made Kim.

I'm thinking so... beware the cube....(scary)(scary)Oooo scary.... I will be rooting for the cubes!(rock2)(rock2)

So.....Does the frag still have to be green at the end? rofl

I think I may be in over my head judging by the competition (scratch)

Matt you should have seen the pathetic looking frag I had at the end of the last sps growout (laugh)

I'm gonna rock this growout!!! In the 1% chance that I don't win' date=' I'm blaming the new blue throat for nipping(laugh). Let's get the games rolling.[/quote']

Good Idea picking a scape goat before you even start that way it will never be your fault the frag dies.

I'm thinking so... beware the cube....(scary)(scary)Oooo scary.... I will be rooting for the cubes!(rock2)(rock2)

Matt you should have seen the pathetic looking frag I had at the end of the last sps growout (laugh)

Ok good. I won't feel so bad then. (clap)

Good Idea picking a scape goat before you even start that way it will never be your fault the frag dies.

Nice one Taylor (clap)

Ok good. I won't feel so bad then. (clap)

No don't sweat it.. lots of prizes just try to keep it alive and you will have a shot of getting a prize!

By the way I'm thinking to keep things interesting.. I will periodically offer prizes like Roger's famous frag plugs during the contest for the best and most creative trash talking...(laugh)

Now bow down to my T-5s!(icon)(icon)

Hey Brad do you have pictures of my pathetic submission from last year?(laugh)

This has not even started yet and the trash talk has begun. I love it (laugh)

Just to get ready any one know where to get simmer green paint (naughty)

Yes this should be fun... Anyone that knows me, knows that's the most fun part for me for any competition

I have the distinct advantage of using a combo of t-5 and leds in my lighting you will all be (kneel) to my awesomeness (rock2)

oohhhh ohhhhh ohhhh bring on that scary combo...(scary)(scary)(laugh)(laugh)

On a side note, I'm hoping I can get the frags by next Wednesday, that depends on if they are ready. Those who know Jody from TECO , he's like that old wine commercial. He will send no frags before they are ready!:). My goal is to start this up the first week of May. It could be sooner depending on how quickly the frags can be distributed. Omarortiz I'm hoping that Breefcase can bring your frag down to you. He doesn't know this yet but he's been a great coral transporter for me.

• 2 weeks later...
So my tank will be joining the Salem area Reefers soon' date=' Is there anyway I could have someone pick up my frag and deliver to Salem?[/quote']

Scott Beth and I will be going to Garrett's on Sunday and be delivering Roger and Mohaynow's frag. We can bring yours too! I did not realize you were moving to Salem too.

Archived