Interest in a SPS Growout Competition 20 dollar buy in

So still working on the details of this new growout competition but wanted to start a new thread. I will keep everyone posted about payment. The buy in for the competition will be 20 dollars and half the proceeds will go to Tanks for Teachers and half will go to The Parkinson foundation in honor of the recent loss of Noobtosalt's grandfather.

TECO has generously offered 20 to 25 frags of this green slimer colony (clap)(clap) For those of you new to SPS this is a great starter sps, this is one of the first sps I ever got and did well for me. Right now there are 20 spots. We will likely be able to get more from this colony so if you are interested I will put you on the alternate list.

greenslimer.jpg

I am hoping to get this going in the next 2 to 4 weeks and will work more on the rules and judging. There will be prizes for the winners which I'm working on as well too!

You have to be a paid member to be a part of this competition

Here are the interested people so far. There is one spot left but again there may be more spots available so if you are interested let me know and I will put you on the alternate list

RickT paid picked up

LcScott paid delivered to Salem

Omarortiz paid picked up

Emerald525/tanktop74 paid picked up

Mohaynow!!!! paid delivered to Salem

Smann paid picked up

Reefnjunkie paid picked up

Noobtosalt paid picked up

Derbird paid picked up

Bigjohnwoody paid

Matty0206 paid picked up

Pnkrcklives paid picked up

Jeramy paid picked up

IslandofTiki paid picked up

Bicyclebill paid picked up

Kris paid picked up

Hewey McLovit paid picked up

J-Dog paid pick up ?

Nelsz3 paid pick up Wed?

alternate:

Mr. S

Wanareef refunded money

h20dvl refunded money

mattv refunded money

Mr. Bret

madmike

Who else wants to be a part of this? It will be fun! Great prizes! Will go to 2 great causes!(clap)(clap)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump let me know if anyone else is interested. We for sure have one more spot possibly more.

Our wonderful sponsors are stepping up!(rock2)(rock2)

So far here are the prizes:

1. Brand spanking new refractometer from BRS

2. 5 bags of sand and 4 10 dollar clean up crews from The Premium Aquarium

3. 50 dollar gift certificate from Barrier Reef

(clap)(clap)(clap)

More prizes to come and you get to keep the nice green slimer frag you get for the contest!

update pictures of the prizes

Okay I sent out a pm to everyone. We should have 25 frags so the alternates should make it. I'm just factoring in the loss of a frag or 2. Those who are interested let me know and I can still put you on the alternate list. Again you have to be a paid member to be a part of this growout competition.

It's a hell of a deal because for 20 dollars you get a green slimer frag plus a chance to win some prizes. I picked up some of the prizes from Garrett today!(clap)(clap)

This competition will go for at least 4 months and there are a lot of prizes so you have a great chance to win something if you are still in it at the end:

We have 5 bags of this nice sand from the Premium Aquarium (clap)(clap)

DSC00638ARW.jpg

I also picked up 10 gift cards for clean up crews from the Premium Aquarium

Then there's this DT's Calcium supplment. Don't know where it came from. Got it from Mr. S today

DSC00634ARW.jpg

Golden basket traded a sun coral which I then traded to a LFS for these 2 prizes (clap)(clap)

DSC00632ARW.jpg

Again Barrier Reef donated a 50 dollar gift certificate (clap)(clap)

BRS provided a brand new refractometer!(clap)(clap)

And I'm still working on more prizes!

Thanks again Jody from TECO for donating the 25 frags of green slimer! (clap)(clap)

Thanks all our wonderful sponsors above too!(clap)(clap)

SENT IN MY MONEY... LET THE TRASH TALKING BEGIN... Hopefully I have some beginners luck cause it is my first grow out and my first sps in my 30 gallon cube...

Awesome! Trash talking will get you extra points! (rock2)

Payment in.

Figures I'm moving my tank about the time this starts. :(

No worries Scott it seems something always happens to my frag. Either the polyps blow off or it falls into something... (laugh)

Updated list of payments. Thanks those of you who threw in a little extra!