Sea Hare needs a new home

akambience

The wife and I thought that this one would eat GHA (of which there is plenty in our tank) but he wont touch it, nor the array of nori we have provided for him. He's not doing well in our tank. We cant take him back to the LFS because we don't think that they care very much about their critters. At the time, they were the only ones in town with a Hair, so we were kinda forced to buy him.

Our system is a mixed 55G, maybe he will do better in a larger system.

Tristan in Goose Hollow

photo-2.jpg

odd...I love ours, we picked him up from Garret a few weeks back and he really went to town on the GHA and the diatoms we had.

I would recommend going to a LFS (I guess a different one that you got him from) and try to do a trade? hopefully you can get a little store credit. from what I understand, most sea hares will attack the stuff, but a few will leave it alone, maybe you got unlucky?

our yellow tang does a nice job with the GHA too and since they're on the smaller end, I think they do ok in a 55. mine is quite happy in our 55 right now and I want to add a bristletooth when i move the the 90g

There's probably some tang police here that will disagree, but a yellow tang or bristletooth tang are small enough (typical size 6-8") to do OK in a 4ft tank. My 90 will be deep and tall enough I think I can have one of each without too much aggression, especially cause it seems like I got a fairly peaceful YT

Like I said, mine seems really happy, though it's still about 3.5" so he's small still