My new center piece :)

Derbird

(clap) I have some new critters to share (clap)

I went to the Pet Works up in Longview to get a few pieces of live rock and found my brain (laugh) I can't believe this guy was still there. I almost gave them my rent money last month for this stunning coral and no one else scooped it up, their loss. If I googled it right its a Wellso Folded Brain Coral (Trachyphyllia radiata). Thank you again Heather for the awesome deal on this :) I also got a great Fungia. I'll post a pic when its happy.

WellseyLobo.jpg

You guys know I take bad pic's with my cell phone and look at this. This is a bad pic of this beauty. It is still pulled in from being transported. Its teal with blue, red, and purple on it. Defiantly the new center piece on my reef. (clap)

A few days ago I picked up a new Melanurus Wrasse (Halichoeres Melanurus). I had to do a two day blackout to get my eight line to behave and put in some new rock (The reason to go to Pet Works) and the two are now tolerating each other. I'm sure they will make friends (eventually (laugh))

Melishome.jpg

I don't know how to tell if its male or female but its healthy and stunning.

Thanks for looking :)

Ok a day latter and the Wellso is now happy

Wellso3-26-2012.jpg

I still can't get the colors in the pic to come out right DOH! This awesome critter looks washed out in the pic. I need a camera (plotting)

The Fungia is also happy but the pic looks like a pink / orange blob. Not even good enough for me to post DOH!

I think the fish have found peace. Today they both ate next to each other without issue (dancing) This is good, I think I not only have zoa feaver the the wrasse bug now.

Spot feed that bugger, they are hungry corals. I almost lost one three weeks ago, started to recede d/t me not feeding it. All web pages say once they start to STN then you can kiss them good by! Well i dipped it in revive for 30 mins and feed it a ton of food and have been feeding it every three days and it coming back strong! I love them too.

Thanks for the heads up. I do plan on spot feeding this bad boy. What tasty goodies doses yours like? I usualy just give my corals either brine or mysis and I add Oyster feast to the tank. Anything else you would recomend?

Archived