Acan group buy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to chime in on this just to state I sold my SPOT not the frag. Here is my for sale add http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?32437-Setup-for-sale&highlight= witch clearly states "Also this gives you my spot in the acan group buy, so you will be getting the 7 or 8 frags of the high end acans" not also this gives you my acan frag.. says my spot

I try to be as nice as possible on this forum/community to every single person, then I get people saying oh it wasn't his frag to sell, or oh he fcked up with out taking 2 seconds to actually look at the facts

I guess I shouldn't have said i was going to trade it in for something' date=' that's my bad. I'm just going to hang on to it and hope it goes well. Matt, sorry if you caught any crap for this, that was not my intention.[/quote']

If you system is questionable right now you could get someone to 'house' it for the interm. I was having problems with my system and my Acans weren't liking it so i asked MrBret to house my until i could solve my problems. So far they are doing great and i'm getting close to solving my problems. Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sitting at 5 polys with two of them being babies! Thanx to MrBret, or i might of lost this frag d/t some chemical warfare that was going on in my tank. My frag has certainly changed over the last 1.5 months.

P1030033.jpg

Then

P1030212.jpg

Now

The new polyps have a lot of green in them for which the original didn't seem to. The Mother also has more blueish on the outer ring and the red has become less of the main color. Certainly is nicer then first in my tank.

I'm sitting at 5 polys with two of them being babies! Thanx to MrBret, or i might of lost this frag d/t some chemical warfare that was going on in my tank. My frag has certainly changed over the last 1.5 months.

P1030033.jpg

Then

P1030212.jpg

Now

The new polyps have a lot of green in them for which the original didn't seem to. The Mother also has more blueish on the outer ring and the red has become less of the main color. Certainly is nicer then first in my tank.

Looking good. I will work on getting a picture of my single polyp again here in the next few days. It's about the size of the smaller polyps on your frag but looks amazing.

Might be a year or so before this one is ready to be fragged, but at least we knew that going into it.

I'm now back at 4 polyps' date=' got up this morning and there was 5 polyps, took a shower and now 4! I think my emerald crab was feasting other then that i have no idea. There is some bare skeleton where the 5 polyp used to be! (flame)[/quote']

No bueno. Sorry to hear about your loss. But at least you have four polyps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Help!! I just got home from work and my Acan isn't happy. Something has been picking on it! Is there anyone i can dump it on that is close to N. portland. my cell is 503.816.2184.

you should throw it up on a magnetic frag rack so things can't get to it

that's a good first step.

if you've got some egg crate or something, that can make a barrier from fish.

find an empty pop bottle (1L is prob enough, 2L is fine if you've got space). cut the top off so the only way in and out is through the spout. most things can't get to it in there.

meanwhile, maybe someone can take it from you?

I got off the phone just a bit ago with Randy and I suggested the same thing. He's going to build a cage for the frag. I don't think moving it at this point is a good idea if it's receding as much as it sounds. He mentioned that his other frag was doing just fine so I have a hard time believing it's water parameters.

looks pretty decent, is that pic from under water?

I would totally blame the angel...every day and twice on sunday. they're pretty hit and miss...

technically, they'll get a little less light...maybe they want to be higher on the tree? they'll probably do fine where they are

I'd be careful to check the screen hasn't fallen off pretty frequently, unless you've got it totally secured in place?

glad you found a quick solution!

Just a weird angle, i have a corner tank and the lights just turned on, so it looks kinda strange. That [language filter] angel has been fine up until now. I have increased my feeding, hoping to satisfy that SOB but we'll see. I have a new LED system and i am currently still ramping it up and only running at 60% right now. My SPS that are directly under the light are growing well at the current setting and am concerned that i might fry that Acan (IDK) and that is why they are off to the side.

• 3 weeks later...

1. mytshall - crayon box 1 polyp (6-20-12)

2. kris - tahitian sunrise 3 polyps (6-24-12)

3. Alterego - Into the Wormhole 2 adults 2 babies (6-19-12)

4. breefcase - bonus rainbow 1 polyp 1 baby (7-20-12)

5. arredondojason - was eaten by shrimp

6. noobsalt /Burningbaal - tangerine razzleberry 1 polyp 1 tiny baby (7-20-12)

7. thenautilus - Cyan Infusion

8. Hewey McLovit - Fading Sunset 4 polyps (6-25-12)

It seems as though only a few of us are posting updates on this. Can we get any sort of an update on the frags?

Mine is now at a full polyp with a tiny baby growing off the back. Couldn't get any sort of a picture of the baby buy maybe by next month it will be better.

1. mytshall - crayon box 1 polyp (6-20-12)

2. kris - tahitian sunrise 3 polyps (6-24-12)

3. Alterego - Into the Wormhole 2 adults 2 babies (6-19-12)

4. breefcase - bonus rainbow 1 polyp 1 baby (7-20-12)

5. arredondojason - was eaten by shrimp

6. noobsalt /Burningbaal - tangerine razzleberry 1 polyp 1 tiny baby (7-20-12)

7. thenautilus - Cyan Infusion

8. Hewey McLovit - Fading Sunset 4 polyps (6-25-12)

It seems as though only a few of us are posting updates on this. Can we get any sort of an update on the frags?

Mine is now at a full polyp with a tiny baby growing off the back. Couldn't get any sort of a picture of the baby buy maybe by next month it will be better.

Got an update from breefcase

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2