Hello!

Daoriginalmaze

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently helping my brother set up a 240g tank that he recently purchased from the former owner of Rose City (Jay). I figured becoming a member might be helpful as this will be our first salt water tank (scary) and need all the help we can get.

-Davis

first tank as a 240...you're more brave than me! have fun and go slow, that's the advice everyone always gives!

and never apologize for asking questions, there's a lot of people that have tons of experience here! (I'm not included in the 'tons of experience part', but I'll try to help!)

Welcome to the forum :)

There is a great group of people here. I could not have been nearly as successful with my tank if I had not asked many, many silly beginner questions. Everyone here has been very patient and helpful.

Welcome Davis! Impressive that you are starting out so large! My advice take your time with the planning. Post pictures up of the tank and get advice. There were so many things we learned when we set up our first tank that we would have done differently like:

Having a bigger overflow box

Bigger stand with easier access using a wood skin so the entire panel comes off

Different plumbing

Using a durso to cut down on noise

Different lighting

Bigger sump

Bigger skimmer

Don't let anyone talk you into a plenum lol

Adding Kenya tree , green star polyps and mushrooms and brown Papua that overgrew the tank

It's way easier to make changes before you put water in the tank

There's a lot of good people on here.

Archived