Hybrid Vehicles

Piero

First off.... I'm pretty sure you weren't behind us in the fast lane' date=' not a fair label.[/quote']

I never labeled I just stated for me is seems like its always a prius that cuts me off and drives slow in front of me, don't take it personal because thats not the intention of the comment.

Wow...

I think you just discribed alot of peoples driving habits, not just SUV drivers. As a matter a fact, I work in the collision industry and there are a heck of a lot more cars being repaired than SUV's that tell's me your therory is not based on facts. I also now that Hybrid cars can be very dangerous. Not only for structual integrety(because of size) but the in high impact car accidents the car can become eletrically chargered and you can't get out and the medical people can't get in.

heck no, i don't want to claim them as facts. Yes, I probably did describe a lot of people's habits but you can't tell me an SUV, because of it's shear size, is as easy to manuver as a sedan. Of course, you would see a lot of cars that are not SUV's being repaired. They probably crashed into an SUV... i'm just sayin'. Why would you see a lot of SUV's being repaired? Anyway, I realize my last post was kind of off-topic so I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone or assume anything (though clearly I did...sorry!).

Every car is dangerous. Cars with electrical door locks in a river isn't too safe apparently; tall cars tend to roll over, some cars flip over! sometimes a fire will melt your seat belt and you can't unbuckle - should you not wear a seat belt then? Hybrid's can be dangerous but they are an option over a gas guzzler and I think the dangers can be minimized (although not negated) if you practice safe driving.

Nyles, I'm sorry for what you witnessed and I did not mean to imply that you are a bad driver. I was trying to say that if everyone were a safe driver - it wouldn't matter what kind of car you had. But the reality is that not everyone is so I'm just an idealist.

lol nah, I just seen too many that look more like tin cans than a car after a crash. Its not that I don't like them, I just want people to be safe, the one thing you cant do is trust the other drivers out there.... When you do that, you get hit.

If you really want to save yourself money and not eat up gas like crazy then just go buy a Honda civic or Fit, they get around 40mpg and they are way under the cost of a hybrid.

I have to drive between Portland and Salem everyday for work and my V6 Pathfinder was killing me, so I bought a Honda Fit and I've cut my gas bill about 60% or 70% plus the car was only $16k new and I can fit my entire family in it with plenty of room.

I looked at the Hybrids when I was looking for a car and the big thing that stopped me from buying one is the fact that their gas mileage is WAY over rated. The problem is the mileage will go down a lot with the AC on or if you drive over 55mph, the EPA rating on the cars is for 45mph, no AC, and windows all up. So, what happens with you go 65mph (like on I5) and its hot so you have the AC on? Well you gas savings drops way down, the reviews are saying its a huge decrease on the Hybrids and not much on the regular gas and diesel cars.

Rich