Pioneer School Update-Kenya Tree trimming edition!

Emerald525

Beth and I went to the Pioneer school to do another water change! (clap) I tried to post these yesterday but the site was up and then down and up and then down!DOH!(laugh)

DSC00008ARW.jpg

All the fish are looking great! They have 2 cinnamon clownfish 1 ocellaris (the other one had an unfortunate maxijet accident last year (sad) ) 1 Niger Trigger 1 Mono 1 Coral beauty 1 Yellow wrasse (which I didn't see this time hope he was just hiding) and a Diamond Goby.

DSC00011ARW.jpg

Here's a before picture of the Kenya tree

DSC00013ARW.jpg

Just for kicks here is a picture from last year. Before the Kenya tree overgrew the tank

DSC09648ARW.jpg

And an after shot (clap) If you look closely the ocellaris is hosting the chalice that Mohaynow donated. I'm thinking it would be fun to try an anemone. I think the kids would really like that. Roger or anyone else have one they could donate? One that has been in someone's tank for years would be best as they seem to be more hardy IMO

DSC00030ARW.jpg

DSC00027ARW.jpg

The Torch, Lobo, and frogspawns are thriving! (clap)The pink start polyp is not looking so good. I guess it's not has hardy as the green star polyps? Becky said it looked great and then closed up after a couple of weeks.

DSC00025ARW.jpg

Thanks again everyone! Again if anyone has a medium sized anemone that they would like to donate that would be awesome!(rock2) The ones I have available are too small or too big

The tank looks soooooooo good!

Yeah Becky is doing an awesome job with the day to day care!

Wholey CRAP!! I now need to figure out how to become a school so I can have a tank that looks like that, and have ladies come and do partials....Man that would be Awesome!! Ok done daydreaming now back to work...lol

Looks Fantastic! Great Job!

(laugh) What's funny David, is I don't seem to fall behind on the water changes on this tank. I check the logbook when I get there and pretty much every time it's exactly a month in between. On the frag tank at home, I can be weeks and weeks overdue for a water change!

Dang i just gave away two bulb tips' date=' green and rbta. Maybe if I could list things on the site, TFT could have snagged them.[/quote']

Wow both would have been nice. Oh well. There's a lot of reefers around here who have anemones!

That Kenya tree looks awesome. I don't have medium sized amen's yet. I will keep my eyes open

Okay let me know. The ones I have are too small and my clowns are hosting them in the frag tank and they can get pretty stressed.

Archived