Brand New!

blmclean22

Hi there! My name is Brittani and I am brand new to the forum. My mom is jennmac415 and so obviously I have been around reef tanks for years now. I am just starting to get into them myself and am hoping to set up my first tank in the next few months. I am definitely going to start out with FOWLR and gradually move into corals. I'll be on here gathering info and doing my research, so any advice or starter tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Brittani

Hey Brittani! Welcome to the forum! Your mom has been in this hobby for a while so I'm sure she has already given you great advice. My advice for tank is go as big as you can. Starting out simple is a good idea. Don't skimp on equipment and be very careful when buying used equipment. It's not a good deal if breaks or does not do a good job keeping your parameters stable.

Thanks so much guys for the comments! And Kim, yes yes, she has great advice! I just love to get all the info I can! My mom also wants me to really do all my own research before I jump in instead of just relying on her, but she's so supportive of me wanting to get into the hobby she has been so passionate about for years now. I am, to say the least, very excited!

Britt

Archived