Nudis take 3 group buy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be into getting three maybe but I would hate to get more than my aiptasia population could support. I have a 20 long with a good amount of small aiptasia that I can't seem to wipe out. I have no experience with these nudis so if anyone has any input on how many to go with that would be great.

I have a 29 biocube and lots of aptasia, I'm going with three. I thought about trying to breed them but if we don't have any interest on a group but i can't imagine trying to sell them later down the road. Keep in mind they will only eat aptasia so once your tank is clean you will need to pass them on to another reefer or they will starve.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Prices are as follows from cy:

$15 each minimum of 6

$12 each minimum of 12

Shipping is $15

The other source:

$150 for 20 shipped Fed Ex overnight $275 for 40 shipped Fed Ex overnight Any amount above the first 40 are $5 each and once you hit 50 charge $4

I've currently got these people interested in them:

Stylaster: 2

Noobtosalt: 3

Bretski: 1 (maybe 3)

If we can get one or two more people to order we can just get the 20 for $150 shipped and figure out who wants what and divide it up that way. I might be able to get him to ship them within the next two weeks if we just do 20 of them. Let me know my tank is being overtaken by them and I will be getting them soon either way even if this falls through I will order from Cy. Thanks!

WTH, how many am I supposed to get when I have like 8-10 aptasia in 400 gallons, they will starve looking for the next meal-(flame)

I want the few I have gone but am afraid to buy to few, and then also buying to many they die from hunger-

Dilemmas, dilemmas-DOH!

I've got at least 50-100 in my little tank. I'm going with 3 that way they can munch on them and not die right away if I can't find a home for them afterwards.

hes right you folks are getting these at cost I just had a supplier offer these for 12.25 wholsale so your getting a great deal.

I'm more surprised on this one for sure. Are we really that cheap here???? $13 per Nudi is still a really good deal you guys. I was doing this to not only help out a local sponsor but to get some Nudi's back in our area. I've got enough going on in my personal life right now so I guess this is going to get shut down since I don't have a single bit of interest.

Pretty disappointing since Cy was willing to cut us a deal on them. They typically go for $20-$25 a LFS and that's if you can find them.

hes right you folks are getting these at cost I just had a supplier offer these for 12.25 wholsale so your getting a great deal.

Thanks for the bump Jody.

I'm currently sitting at 26 so far. I will contact everyone involved and figure out how we want to do payment on them as well as pickup. Anyone else want in on this let me know soon.

Alright back to the drawing board:

Stylaster 2

Bretski 2

Noobtosalt 8 (but would prefer 6)

That makes 12 at the current moment. We can have them shipped out on Thursday for a Friday delivery.

This is the info from the other breeder for $150 for 20 nudi's:

Every berghia I send out is at least 1/2 inch in size, fully matured, and frequently laying egg strands. As of lately I've been able to throw in a couple really nice large ones and I should have some for your order.

I often get people asking for only 3 or 4 berghia and I'm wondering if that's the case in your situation.

I hope nobody is wasting their money on 3 or 4 unless they are putting them in a nano. I've sold several thousand berghia over the last 3 and a half years and the only time I've heard of people not having success with aiptasia control by way of berghia is due to stocking the tank too lightly. By stocking too lightly the adults won’t find each other often enough to routinely mate. The vast majority of the aiptasia will actually be eaten by hatchlings of the adults you add instead of the adults you initially add. I've found a stocking density of 1-2 per 10 gallons is a good volume to allow for the adults to be able to find each other often enough to maximize breeding capability. Many people are under the misconception that by adding a few to a tank will quickly eradicate the aiptasia population. Unfortunately that’s not the case. Adult berghia lay an egg strand every day or every other day. These egg strands will hatch out several hundred tiny berghia in about 10-12 days. The hatchlings reach maturity at about 46 days and that’s when you’ll see the massive reduction of aiptasia populations. These massive amounts of berghia are what really eradicate the aiptasia. The adults are just added at a stocking density which will allow them to find each other to mate and lay egg strands.

I’m more than happy to sell anyone as many as they want, I just don’t want people to waste their money buying 3 or 4 berghia, adding them to a 180 then 3 months later wondering why the aiptasia is still there or getting worse. Maybe by passing that info on to the people for your order it won't be such a hassle to get people to go in on a fair amount to put together an order. As I said, I'll be happy to sell a bunch or just a couple to whoever wants them, however, I'd be much happier if their purchase was successful in elimiating their aiptasia so I try to inform people as best I can.

Alright back to the drawing board:

Stylaster 2

Bretski 2

Noobtosalt 8 (but would prefer 6)

That makes 12 at the current moment. We can have them shipped out on Thursday for a Friday delivery.

This is the info from the other breeder for $150 for 20 nudi's:

Every berghia I send out is at least 1/2 inch in size, fully matured, and frequently laying egg strands. As of lately I've been able to throw in a couple really nice large ones and I should have some for your order.

I often get people asking for only 3 or 4 berghia and I'm wondering if that's the case in your situation.

I hope nobody is wasting their money on 3 or 4 unless they are putting them in a nano. I've sold several thousand berghia over the last 3 and a half years and the only time I've heard of people not having success with aiptasia control by way of berghia is due to stocking the tank too lightly. By stocking too lightly the adults won’t find each other often enough to routinely mate. The vast majority of the aiptasia will actually be eaten by hatchlings of the adults you add instead of the adults you initially add. I've found a stocking density of 1-2 per 10 gallons is a good volume to allow for the adults to be able to find each other often enough to maximize breeding capability. Many people are under the misconception that by adding a few to a tank will quickly eradicate the aiptasia population. Unfortunately that’s not the case. Adult berghia lay an egg strand every day or every other day. These egg strands will hatch out several hundred tiny berghia in about 10-12 days. The hatchlings reach maturity at about 46 days and that’s when you’ll see the massive reduction of aiptasia populations. These massive amounts of berghia are what really eradicate the aiptasia. The adults are just added at a stocking density which will allow them to find each other to mate and lay egg strands.

I’m more than happy to sell anyone as many as they want, I just don’t want people to waste their money buying 3 or 4 berghia, adding them to a 180 then 3 months later wondering why the aiptasia is still there or getting worse. Maybe by passing that info on to the people for your order it won't be such a hassle to get people to go in on a fair amount to put together an order. As I said, I'll be happy to sell a bunch or just a couple to whoever wants them, however, I'd be much happier if their purchase was successful in elimiating their aiptasia so I try to inform people as best I can.

I would really like to get these this week. Somebody else jump in on this offer. It's only $7.50 per berghia with this deal.

WTH, how many am I supposed to get when I have like 8-10 aptasia in 400 gallons, they will starve looking for the next meal-(flame)

I want the few I have gone but am afraid to buy to few, and then also buying to many they die from hunger-

Dilemmas, dilemmas-DOH!

aptasia x worked for me. had some here & there been aptasia free for 2 years

Originally Posted by reefnjunkie

Dilemmas, dilemmas-DOH!

aptasia x worked for me. had some here & there been aptasia free for 2 years

I probably have a hundred in my little nano right now. Aptasia x works but they keep coming back

I probably have a hundred in my little nano right now. Aptasia x works but they keep coming back

yeah, if you have so many that they seed faster than you can kill them,,,,,,,,,.. they have a lasr wand out that does pretty good with them