Nudis take 3 group buy

Well since the nudi group buy didn't work so well the last few times kim tried to set it up (no fault of hers of course) I contacted cy at barrierreef and he said he would be able to do $15 each and shipping would be $15 to washington and $30 to oregon. If we send it to my place it would be cheaper. Post in here if you would like to be on the list. The price is more than the other buy but we can help a sponsor as well as get them this time around.

Prices are as follows from cy:

$15 each minimum of 6

$12 each minimum of 12

Shipping is $15

The other source:

$150 for 20 shipped Fed Ex overnight $275 for 40 shipped Fed Ex overnight Any amount above the first 40 are $5 each and once you hit 50 charge $4

I've currently got these people interested in them:

Stylaster: 2

Noobtosalt: 3

Bretski: 1 (maybe 3)

If we can get one or two more people to order we can just get the 20 for $150 shipped and figure out who wants what and divide it up that way. I might be able to get him to ship them within the next two weeks if we just do 20 of them. Let me know my tank is being overtaken by them and I will be getting them soon either way even if this falls through I will order from Cy. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since the nudi group buy didn't work so well the last few times kim tried to set it up (no fault of hers of course) I contacted cy at barrierreef and he said he would be able to do $13 each and shipping would be $15 to washington and $30 to oregon. If we send it to my place it would be cheaper. Post in here if you would like to be on the list. The price is more than the other buy but we can help a sponsor as well as get them this time around.

Thanks for doing this Jesse. Sorry the other one fell through. Cy's a great guy to deal with.

I'm more surprised on this one for sure. Are we really that cheap here???? $13 per Nudi is still a really good deal you guys. I was doing this to not only help out a local sponsor but to get some Nudi's back in our area. I've got enough going on in my personal life right now so I guess this is going to get shut down since I don't have a single bit of interest.

Pretty disappointing since Cy was willing to cut us a deal on them. They typically go for $20-$25 a LFS and that's if you can find them.

• 3 weeks later...
Whoops' date=' sorry. After it eats my aptasia will it find another food sorce or die. I might be interested in one but I hate to kill living critters........ unless they truley annoy me (plotting)[/quote']

Just aptasia. You can pass them on to others when your tank is clean of them though. Thats what I plan on doing

They will be okay with the wrasses. I had the same concern when I got mine and I had a melanarus and mystery wrasse. The key is adding them in with a pipette at night. They reproduce quickly and clear up the aiptasia quickly. That's part if the difficulty of breeding them is running out of aiptasia to feed them. Some people have been able to collect them and pass them along to other reefers after the aiptasia is gone.

It would be nice to try to get someone to locally breed them ;).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

I've got (8) that I bought a couple months ago from Salty Underground (who I would highly recommend for all kinds of livestock). I've got an aptasia eating filefish (that didn't touch the aptasia) and a couple of wrasses, so I thought for sure these nudi's were gone the next day. However, my tank is free of aptasia for the first time in years and I saw a nudi on the glass last night. I should have scooped it and offered it up. In fact I'm going to keep an eye out and do just that if I see one on the glass again.

• 4 months later...
Ill go in on it

Prices are as follows from cy:

$15 each minimum of 6

$12 each minimum of 12

Shipping is $15

The other source:

$150 for 20 shipped Fed Ex overnight $275 for 40 shipped Fed Ex overnight Any amount above the first 40 are $5 each and once you hit 50 charge $4

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like the best deal is to order 50 of these and split them cost across the group. the cost of getting just a few of then you would hit that 200 mark really quick and I dont know how effective one or two would be even in a small system.

I would be into getting three maybe but I would hate to get more than my aiptasia population could support. I have a 20 long with a good amount of small aiptasia that I can't seem to wipe out. I have no experience with these nudis so if anyone has any input on how many to go with that would be great.