May Meeting

oxx155

May Meeting  

1. 1.

• A: Saturday
    • B: Sunday
    • C: Either day I will be there Oxx's meeting rocks!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I might miss this one again (flame)(cussing)(censored):mad:? I just agreed to drive a friends daughter and her friends around for prom on the 19th. Well maybe I can make it down for like an hour. But I know that that will probably not be enough time to really check out the setup.

I'm super bummed too, I just realized that this is on the same weekend as a high schooler men's retreat that's been on the schedule since october...we had to cancel it last year (My first spring helping lead the group), so I thnk the guys would be pretty angry if I skipped 'the meat retreat' just to "go stare at some fish"...I'll be eating lots of meat instead of hanging out with you guys...kinda bittersweet, but definitely bummed I'll mess the meeting1

Donations so far for the meeting:

Hartz - Two Wardley Advanced Nutrition Baskets

Aqua-Medic - Led Light, Water Testing Gift Certificates

Air, Water, & Ice - $25.00 Gift Certificates and TDS Meters

AlgaGen - Fish Food

FantasticFrags - Gift Certificates

Ecotech Marine - Radion LED Light and Glue

Drs Foster & Smith - $25 Gift Certificates

AquaIlluminations - ?

I may have some connections on frags also.

I am sure there will be more as we get closer to the meeting. If any companies or Sponsors want to donate please PM me quickly so I can add you to the list! Thanks

A few of the higher end items will go into a raffle - Each member of this club (with proof of membership) gets one free ticket, while Emerald525 will be selling tickets for $5 each to benefit "Tanks for Teachers". You can also purchase memberships at the meeting from Emerald525 (Kim).

Another free raffle will be held for remaining items and is open to everyone without any purchase, everyone that comes will get one ticket.

I have the following people down for stuff:

Algae - Pack of Coca Cola

Emerald525 - Water and Chips

I could use some more people for the following - Ice, Soda, Dips, Deserts (I am renting an ice cream machine), anything else?

Everyone is welcome, even Ecotech is promoting the meeting on their facebook page.

Please note that most people will have to park on either 26th or J street since there isn't much parking on my street.

The address is 2535 I St in Springfield 97477 - Meeting is on May 19th at 12:00pm.

If you can bring some fold-up chairs for yourself it would help, I only have so many, LOL

There will be a "FREE TABLE" for supplies (or whatever) that people wish to donate to others (please go through your storage and bring anything you think might benefit another fellow reefer), I have some great stuff that I am no longer using already going on the table.

I will try to do a write-up of my system so that people can read and understand what they are looking at.

I hope to see everyone then!

This is awesome! You do always go above and beyond. As far as benefits to membership:

1. You help support a great forum

2. You get a larger sized avatar

3. You have access to the member onlys forum and are able to vote for officers and board members

4. Showing your card to participating stores offers membership discounts

5. You also have the ability to participate in club activities such as the current sps growout competition

Beth and I will be there to accept new memberships.

Forgot to mention that I have cleaned out my photography studio behind my house and will turn it into a movie room for the children. Probably will put on Nemo. Its carpeted so the kids can sit on the floor, of if you have a fold up chair for your child go ahead and bring that.

I will bring some soda and can stop en-route and get a bag of ice =)

Last year I had 8 bags of ice, so if more people can bring ice that would be great!

Thanks to everyone that is bringing things, I will give it a couple more days and update the list.

Looking forward to being there myself. Can't wait to see the new system, and one of the few chances to meet other members.

Thanks for making it family friendly Douglas, my kids had fun last time, and I'm sure they will again.

Gabe

Pics of some of the goodies up for Raffle or Giveaway!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12688[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12691[/ATTACH]

I have the following listed as bringing stuff:

Algae - Pack of Coca Cola

Emerald525 - Water and Chips

kknight31 - Cupcakes and Water

Jeramy - Soda and Ice

ZachS - Dip

h2odvl - Ice and Cookies

talkalot82 - Ice

Tuduku - Box-O-Chips

Smann - Diet Coke and Dip

New Donations:

ThePremiumAquarium - Six $25 Gift Certificates

Rod's Reef Food - Reef Food

More to Come

I have also been getting great feedback about the "FREE" table and I hope that everyone takes an opportunity to help a fellow reefer out with something thats just sitting around. I think everyone will find something for them.

9 more days!

post-1520-141867761748_thumb.jpg

post-1520-141867761751_thumb.jpg

post-1520-141867761755_thumb.jpg

post-1520-141867761758_thumb.jpg