May Meeting

oxx155

May Meeting  

1. 1.

• A: Saturday
    • B: Sunday
    • C: Either day I will be there Oxx's meeting rocks!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you reef geeks want to play disk at Dexter before the meeting!!! Pm me if you want to.

I'd be interested Roger! But I won't PM you because it might encourage you to violate that "pesky" restraining order against you......

Franklin, you crackhead do you play disk golf. I didn't think your walker could make it up the hills and over the dales!!!! Or do you have one of those all terrain scooters that I see at the grocery stores? Make sure you follow the disk golfers dress code. (not Eugene style)

Franklin' date=' you crackhead do you play disk golf. I didn't think your walker could make it up the hills and over the dales!!!! Or do you have one of those all terrain scooters that I see at the grocery stores? Make sure you follow the disk golfers dress code. (not Eugene style)[/quote']

I was going to wear my knickers and tam o shanter but I decided to update and will wear my new garb.

shag-white-2.jpg

What does everyone think if I allowed a few stores to setup a small table for selling corals, fish, and/or equipment? I was thinking it would be an opportunity for some people who may not have the ability to make it to certain stores, have seen what they have to offer, or met the owners/employees.

But, I also don't want to lose that party feel. Or try to figure out how many stores to limit it to if too many want to come.

Honest opinions?

What does everyone think if I allowed a few stores to setup a small table for selling corals, fish, and/or equipment? I was thinking it would be an opportunity for some people who may not have the ability to make it to certain stores, have seen what they have to offer, or met the owners/employees.

But, I also don't want to lose that party feel. Or try to figure out how many stores to limit it to if too many want to come.

Honest opinions?

I don't see this as a problem. I like seeing all the shops and what people have available. At one of the meetings that Beth and I hosted she shuttled people over to Isaac's (TCM) shop. Last year after your party a lot of us stopped by the Nautalis. It would nice to meet the sponsors and give people a chance to meet and see them.

Honest opinions?

I love this idea im always too busy or dont have the money to travel and see all the shops that i am constantly hearing about on this forum. I would love to see whats out there and meet the sponsors. Here in roseburg there really isnt anything so if i want something for my tank i have to travel making it very hard.

May 19th looks the best, pretty much the only weekend some holiday isn't going on. That would be a Saturday and I think I would shoot for a 12-3ish meeting, allowing everyone time to get here and get home before it gets too late if you are traveling far.

Probably do BBQ again - Hamburgers, Chicken burgers, Hotdogs, maybe ribs or brisket, and all the fixens. If people want to sign up to bring stuff please post in here so I can create a list of who is bringing what. Please don't feel obligated to bring anything, I know not everyone has the ability these days, and I am sure there will be plenty to go around.

I would like to have the FREE Table again where people can bring equipment they aren't using (just taking up space) and donate it to another fellow reefer that might need it but can't find it or afford it.

Also, if there are any Vendors that are interested in having a table to display your goods and maybe sell a few things please PM me, I have not finalized if we are doing this yet, just want to get an idea of who is interested.

Last thing is I am possibly thinking about doing a write-up on the tank so that people can read about it as they walk around, does that sound like a good idea?

Anyway, feedback is always appreciated.

May 19th looks the best, pretty much the only weekend some holiday isn't going on. That would be a Saturday and I think I would shoot for a 12-3ish meeting, allowing everyone time to get here and get home before it gets too late if you are traveling far.

Probably do BBQ again - Hamburgers, Chicken burgers, Hotdogs, maybe ribs or brisket, and all the fixens. If people want to sign up to bring stuff please post in here so I can create a list of who is bringing what. Please don't feel obligated to bring anything, I know not everyone has the ability these days, and I am sure there will be plenty to go around.

I would like to have the FREE Table again where people can bring equipment they aren't using (just taking up space) and donate it to another fellow reefer that might need it but can't find it or afford it.

Also, if there are any Vendors that are interested in having a table to display your goods and maybe sell a few things please PM me, I have not finalized if we are doing this yet, just want to get an idea of who is interested.

Last thing is I am possibly thinking about doing a write-up on the tank so that people can read about it as they walk around, does that sound like a good idea?

Anyway, feedback is always appreciated.

I can bring a case of water and a big bag of chips. I still have a large roll of raffle tickets if you need them. Anything else you need? Plates? Napkins?

To help drum up memberships I am looking into seeing if I can get an LED Reef Light to offer up in a raffle to all that show up with a membership card or some proof of membership. I will update when I know for sure. I hopefully will get either an AI SOL or EcoTech Radion.

Is there someone that will be at the meeting that can take memberships? I would probably open up the first hour or so for people to get one if they forget or can't get one ahead of time.

To help drum up memberships I am looking into seeing if I can get an LED Reef Light to offer up in a raffle to all that show up with a membership card or some proof of membership. I will update when I know for sure. I hopefully will get either an AI SOL or EcoTech Radion.

Is there someone that will be at the meeting that can take memberships? I would probably open up the first hour or so for people to get one if they forget or can't get one ahead of time.

I will be there Doug with membership cards in hand! Thanks again for the generous offer!

• 4 weeks later...

I just started to contact companies about giveaways for the meeting. I am happy to announce that both EcoTech and AquaIlluminations are sponsoring the meeting!

So, what I may end up doing is having a few high end items that will go into a raffle. PNWMAS members will get one free ticket into the raffle, and anyone can purchase more tickets for $5 each. All money raised will be given to Tanks for Teachers.

So far I believe we'll have an Ecotech Radeon LED, Ecotech ES10w, and AI SOL LED.

These are actually the first two companies I contacted, so I am hopeful to see what else is donated.

If any stores would like to donate frags or gift certificates for the meeting please PM me, thanks.

Will keep this thread updated.

• 2 weeks later...