Berghia group buy the resurrection!

Keith I honestly don't think it would be worth just getting one and trying to have someone hold it. These guys are small.

That's fair, I appreciate the advice. I don't have a ton of aptasia (only one or two visible), so I don't want to get a ton just to starve them, but I'd like to clean up the little that I have to avoid future problems...any advice?

That's fair' date=' I appreciate the advice. I don't have a ton of aptasia (only one or two visible), so I don't want to get a ton just to starve them, but I'd like to clean up the little that I have to avoid future problems...any advice?[/quote']

With just a small infestation peppermint shrimp work really well. I find if you get at least 3 to 4. Make sure they are peppermint shrimp and not camel shrimp. Camel shrimp have a hump on the back.They look almost identical and sometimes LFS unknowingly will sell you a camel shrimp by mistake. They both eat aiptasia but the camel shrimp is more prone to eating corals too.

Also' date=' if it's just one or 2 then Aptasia X would be an easy solution too.[/quote']

I can (and do), but I know there's always more hiding somewhere I can't see/get to...

With just a small infestation peppermint shrimp work really well. I find if you get at least 3 to 4. Make sure they are peppermint shrimp and not camel shrimp. Camel shrimp have a hump on the back.They look almost identical and sometimes LFS unknowingly will sell you a camel shrimp by mistake. They both eat aiptasia but the camel shrimp is more prone to eating corals too.

maybe I'll try peppermints again, I had two a while back but never saw them eating the stuff...very sure they were not camel shrimp...worth another shot, maybe.

I guess you can leave me off the berghia list

I can (and do), but I know there's always more hiding somewhere I can't see/get to...

maybe I'll try peppermints again, I had two a while back but never saw them eating the stuff...very sure they were not camel shrimp...worth another shot, maybe.

I guess you can leave me off the berghia list

Ok, I had tried peppermints in the past and tried one or 2. I have found that I needed to get at least 3 or 4 to have success.

Does anyone know if a xmas Wrasse will feast on them? Mine has wiped out my bristle start population to almost zero. He is quite aggressive with feeding and doesn't have a problem mixing it up with the B**ch maroon clown for food.

I have several wrasses in the tank and the last time I got these the nudibranchs survived and ate every last aiptasia. The trick is turning the flow off and adding them when the lights are off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived