mark's 24 gallon office nano

gawf4fun

As it is a show off thread, I'm showing off my new I-Phone's photo quality as well as a current shot of my 24 gallon nano.

The latter has about 25 pounds of live rock with a variety of Zoos, Softies, LPS and SPS including encrusting and plating montis, green tip bird's nest and blue tip acropora of some type. It's been running for about 2 years in it's current state with a 150 watt metal halide pendant (14K Phoenix bulb), Tunze 9002 skimmer and just recently upgraded from Koralia nano to a Vortech MP-10. This is resolving my small cyano difficulty and the corals are absolutely loving the increased flow!!!(clap)

Here's the pic:

24gallonfromfeb2012.jpg

Thanks for looking.

mark

Makes my tank look empty. I'll have to come and check it out sometime in person. Are those the rics we bought in the front there? Looks great!

Yes, those are some of them. I've also taken a couple color variants home to the 180 as well.

If you're torn on whether or not to go Vortech...JUST DO IT!

mark

Wow. How are some of those corals not stinging each other to death? That's a beautiful tank.

Thanks for the compliment. There is a little combat going on and a skirmish line drawn between two different colonies of sunset monti as well as one of the sunsets vs. a chilipepper monti? (green w/small red polyps). My green star polyps are also battling my orange cap in the back of the tank, but have changed course and started to climb the back wall (much to my delight!) No major casualties however.

Nice nano. I am thinking of setting up another nano and seeing your tank really makes me miss my old solana. I've had tanks from nano to over 200g and I think there is something to be said for making a beautiful nano. I hope we get to see more pics soon.
As you asked...

sunsetmonti.jpg

speckledredzoos.jpg

rightsideofnano.jpg

moresunsetmonti.jpg

greenandbluezoos.jpg

gobypic.jpg

frogspawn-1.jpg

echinoandzoos.jpg

closeupgreenandbluezoos.jpg

These are more i-phone pics. I took my nikon in today and will load more this weekend and see if i can't improve on these.

Archived