Cyano bactiria

Jeramy

Ya don't want to run your skimmer at all while dosing otherwise, your skimmer will look like a top loading washing machine after too much Tide. If you can bring an airline and rubber band it under a powerhead inside your tank you will create a lot of bubbles.

So you didn't read the directions or anything before dumping a mixture of DI resin' date=' carbon, and GFO into your tank? You don't know how long it will last, where to put it, or what else is in it. That kind of blind dumping in of chemicals is what causes problems. Following directions never killed a tank that I know of.[/quote']

Ok. I'm not trying to pick a fight here. All I'm saying is that in this hobby, it behooves us to try and keep things as simple as possible. It's much easier to drop a mesh bag into your sump every six months than it is to add chemicals and an air stone and worry about how much chemical to use before you kill your tank. How many times have we read on this board, and others, about folks who have tried to cure a problem by dosing something only to have it go horribly wrong and their tank crashes because of it. Thats all I'm saying.

Ok. I'm not trying to pick a fight here. All I'm saying is that in this hobby' date=' it behooves us to try and keep things as simple as possible. It's much easier to drop a mesh bag into your sump every six months than it is to add chemicals and an air stone and worry about how much chemical to use before you kill your tank. How many times have we read on this board, and others, about folks who have tried to cure a problem by dosing something only to have it go horribly wrong and their tank crashes because of it. Thats all I'm saying.[/quote']

No worries I'm just chatting here, not trying to start anything. All I mean is that its important to look at directions regarding anything we put in our tank, so its not much different from what you chose to use. The good news is there are a few different successful solutions out there to treat this problem :)

Good to hear it went well for you jbru70! Tank looks great.

When used as directed.........the chemiclean worked in my tank. I just got done doing a 25% water change. Everything looks good. Im sure theres a dozen different products that do the same job. Just do your research, pick the product you are comfortable using and follow the directions

Archived