T5 HO Bulb question

kknight

I am replacing the bulbs in a Coralife Lunar Aqualight. I searched light compos on the sight and am going to go with

ATI 2 aquablue specials

ATI 1 pure actinic

ATI 1 purple plus

recomened by tanktop74 when johnnyrm33 asked this question (I now have this light (laugh))

My question is, on BRS I can't find ATI pure actinic, is ATI true actinic the same thing ?

also BRS is out of stock, can I find ATI local if they do not come in before the group buy is over (ty debird for waiting to place the order)

Thank you for your help

ATI does make a pure actinic.... but I don't think it puts out any more blue that the blue plus.

If it was my light fixture I would do all ATI bulbs

1 aquablue special

2 blue plus

1 purple plus

The aquablue specials are very white, I think 2 would be too much white. I have personally done this combination on one of our tanks, and also on the pioneer school tank and really like the balance of colors and you still get the "pop" out of the zoas and other corals.

Hope this helps!

Beth

ATI does make a pure actinic.... but I don't think it puts out any more blue that the blue plus.

1 aquablue special

2 blue plus

1 purple plus

The aquablue specials are very white, I think 2 would be too much white. I have personally done this combination on one of our tanks, and also on the pioneer school tank and really like the balance of colors and you still get the "pop" out of the zoas and other corals.

Hope this helps!

Beth

I don't think they do, or if they do it is very hard to find. BRS, reefgeek.com, marinedepot.com, tbaquatics.com, premiumaquatics.com......none of these retailers have an ATI pure actinic. Maybe they call it something else?

My suggestion would be to check out some tanks with T5s before you buy bulbs. I was not happy with the aquablue bulbs.

1 aquablue special

2 blue plus

1 purple plus

Hope this helps!

Beth

I don't think they do, or if they do it is very hard to find. BRS, reefgeek.com, marinedepot.com, tbaquatics.com, premiumaquatics.com......none of these retailers have an ATI pure actinic. Maybe they call it something else? Also a pure actinic bulb is not blue at all, perhaps you are thinking of true actinic?

My suggestion would be to check out some tanks with T5s before you buy bulbs. I was not happy with the aquablue bulbs.

Archived