My new FIREFISH GOBYS!

Derbird

I just got my new firefish gobys (Nemateleotris Magnifica) (dancing)

A huge thank you to CoralCrazy and Petworks for getting them in so fast for me. They are stunning fish. On the adive of the forum I got four. They have been in the tank now for two hours and knock on wood every thing is going will. I half expected the Eight-Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus octotaenia) to show some aggresion but he / she would just come around the corner, stop, and wait for them to move before continuing. They have such a bad reputation but its been a model citizen for me. My Blue damsel (Chrysiptera cyanea) was a diffrent story. She has built a nice nest that the Firefish thought would make a great home............ No harm done but they are avoiding that part of the tank. DOH! OK enough of my talking here is some horrible cell phone pic's

Firefishinthecorner.jpg

Firefishonthemove.jpg

The pic's dont do them justice but they are so pretty! I thought they may get lost in a bigger tank but they are little beakons. (laugh)

Just an update,

All four are doing great. They do not hide at all when the lights are on, they act like they own the place (whistle). When I fed them tonight they were a bit slow to figure out what was going on. I tap the top of the tank to let everyone know its food time. I do belive I scared the poor things. But as soon as the brine shrimp floated by they acted like they were starving (I don't think this is the case as they came fat and happy)

They are much more fun then I expected. They are going between staying in a line top to bottom of tank to swimming in a group. And there little fin flicks are very attractive I think they are trying to communicate.

I am so happy I got them and highly recomend to others. At least after day two :p

Archived